mounting graphs!!!

Upgrading to a 9 in. screen and wondering how you guys are mounting them at the console and what mounts are you using?
    Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I have a HDS8 Gen2 and it fits perfectly. My 216 01 Coosa already had a mounting bracket insert inside the top of the console where everybody puts their graphs on Cobras. Above steering wheel and in front of windshield.

I will be mounting 2 Helix 10 screens at the console. I will not pay hundreds of dollars for a brand name mount, the prices are simply unjustified and outrageous.
    So, I will be designing and making one from aluminum. I will go to a local metal shop, purchase the material and have them form it for me. Truck bed finish and done.
    Will also be making a mount for the front for another Helix 10. it will be a copy of Precision Sonar Mega Mount.
    I'm expecting everything to cost me less than $100. Will post pics once I'm done....but for now, there's 4 feet of snow everywhere.
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

10" helix works perfectly inside the windshield. Mine already had a mount when I bought it and it's working fine. I did have to add a 1" riser to the mount so it can turn just a little and tilt a little. Here is the link to what it looks like afterwards. Bird install https://imgur.com/gallery/LQ6uVtL
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

10" helix works perfectly inside the windshield. Mine already had a mount when I bought it and it's working fine. I did have to add a 1" riser to the mount so it can turn just a little and tilt a little. Here is the link to what it looks like afterwards. Bird install https://imgur.com/gallery/LQ6uVtL
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Marc is that a Johnny Ray mount? Are they pretty solid? thanks
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

7. Member
    I Mounted a HDS 10 infront of the windshield and used a ram mount. I screwed it down real far forward and to the left as far as i could go and used the mount to center it up. Looks good but i admit its a little much to see around i can send pics but am not smart enough to put them on here yet i will work on tring
    2000 Cobra 201d
    2000 opti 225

"if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

8. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]
    2000 Cobra 201d
    2000 opti 225

"if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

9. Member
    I’m mounting a solix 15 on my console. Using a 7/8” thick aluminum spacer cut to fit the flat portion of the console and then mounting the giknke bracket to that

10. Member
    I have a Solix 15 mounted at the console. It fits like a glove behind the windshield. Almost as if Cobra new they were coming so day lol. My number is 8122309195 shoot me a text if you have any questions.

11. Member
    MFBassin, I'd love to see a pic of your mounted graph. I have a Solix 10 and 12, debating which one to put at the console vs bow. Did you have to put any support on the underside? My Cobra 2001 180S console seems kind of squishy on top between the shield. Wondering if you found a solid support system that worked for you or if didn't find it necessary.

Hookahawg, i apologize for not seeing this question. It is a Johnny Ray style mount, just never seen the name. This came with the boat when purchased used in 2012. It had a 5" garmin on It. I upgraded to the 898 and had no issues for 6 years. Today was out with 3-6 ft waves trying to kill me and no issues.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

13. Member
    Not trying to hijack thread. But I'd love for more people to post pics. I'm mounting an HDS12 on my Coosa 216. Been trying all day to fig out how I want it. Driving me crazy.

14. Member
    Shoot me a text at 8122309195 I will send ya a couple pictures of my setup. There is some solid material under the dash and I just used loner bolts to hold the factory mount in place. Fits like a glove. Still tight going on 2 years.

15. Member
    I have a 15” solix on the console. 7/8” aluminum piece for a spacer to raise up the mount.

Front i I have a 12” solix to left of trolling motor mounted on the nose. And a ballzout mount with a Garmin 94sv 9” in front of it on the nose. Trolling motor is mounted like gamblers. Straight up the middle.