Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I can say with 100% honesty I can never tell what questions I have will produce 1 answer and which will create 30!

I like the idea of leaving the engine in gear after loading it on the trailer. Now I can just see me going to start the engine and checking my kill switch, ignition switch, battery connection, etc before I figure out it won’t start because I left it in gear!
    Mine will crank in gear (I know, I know but, let's not go there) so my thing is to make sure I am out of gear before starting to get it off the trailer. Part of my ritual, putting in plug, removing tie downs and so on include confirming motor is in neutral. But, I am still not sure if mine will even turn while towing in neutral.

2. Member
    You strokes must be bored. It snowed yesterday, it's snowing now, and as bored as I am, I can find something better to worry about.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    You strokes must be bored. It snowed yesterday, it's snowing now, and as bored as I am, I can find something better to worry about.
    I just had my whole lower unit rebuilt and told him about one of the many issues of why it needed it. And told him the mechanic told me put it in gear, after he seen me jump in and out of my boat. Motors ain't what they were when I first started getting them on boats.
    I just hope I don't see any threads or replies about fishing tips I have given him to try and help him catch more.
    I for one am glad different people do different things. Wouldn't be able to catch a smart bass if we all were doing the same things. Different works. Or has for me all over in different situations anyway.
    Last edited by 250bassFL; 02-17-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123