Thread: Sick of carpet

BASS ADDICT

Sick of carpet

I'm tired of the carpet in my XD. Take way to long to dry out. What do you guys suggest that would be budget friendly. I know your gonna say keep the carpet. But ready for a change.

2. Member
    Only thing I know that will work and go down like carpet is the marine vinyl. There is a guy that’s done two bullets from factory with it.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

I have seen truck bed Rino done that looked good. Not sure of the money side.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

4. Banned
    When I opened you thread this was the banner at the top... Omen???... Dan

https://boatcarpetoutlet.com/

5. Member
    Hydro turf, it will never be as clean as a look as carpet. I could not bring myself to put hydroturf in such a good looking boat as tours tho.

anything but carpet wont look right in a boat manufactured with carpet in it. the top cap is sitting on the carpet in the floor and the lids will have huge gaps, not to mention the cheaper feel of a catfishing boat along with louder running and stuff sliding around.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Info you decide on marine vinyl or anything like that ...call Tom at the plant I believe he has the strips and can explain how/where to put them to close up the gaps. I personally would stay with carpet.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Info you decide on marine vinyl or anything like that ...call Tom at the plant I believe he has the strips and can explain how/where to put them to close up the gaps. I personally would stay with carpet.
    Bullet doesn’t have any strips to close up the gaps.

9. Member
    I recently bought a fixer upper and put hydroturf on the floor only. And even though I love it down there, I would not want it on my decks just because nothing is going to look 'right'. I get the wet carpet dislike, but if you're fishing in the rain it no big deal in the moment. After the trip, IMO you'll be better off in taking a small % of the cost of recarpet and buying a quality shop vac and ceiling mounted fan.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    Bullet doesn’t have any strips to close up the gaps.
    I just talked to Tom about this a while back about a customers boat and he said if they guy wants marine vinyl I can fix you up with everything you need to close gaps and what they do there....he may not have the stuff but he can help you with info....
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    I just talked to Tom about this a while back about a customers boat and he said if they guy wants marine vinyl I can fix you up with everything you need to close gaps and what they do there....he may not have the stuff but he can help you with info....
    Well he must have just come up with this info recently as they built my 2009 21RDC & my 2017 21SDC both with marine vinyl flooring and didn’t install or suggest to me any spacers to close the gaps in the compartment lids.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    Well he must have just come up with this info recently as they built my 2009 21RDC & my 2017 21SDC both with marine vinyl flooring and didn’t install or suggest to me any spacers to close the gaps in the compartment lids.
    Man that’s crazy.....
    www.ncboatguy.com

13. Member
    Man that’s crazy.....
    And you may be saying to yourself ‘maybe there was a lack of communication’. FWIW, I personally picked up my 2017 21SDC @ the plant & spent lots of time with Tom then & visit with him every year when on vacation prior to then & since & he has never mentioned this to me. I do have major gaps, more on the rear deck than the front but I am OK with them. The only way I see to close them is with larger lids which would require a ‘one off’ template from the lid mfg which I know is not going to happen. Spacers would have to be installed all around lids under the vinyl to work properly & look good. Again, I am extremly happy with my marine vinyl flooring & am OK with the gaps. Just stating that closing them up was never communicated to me by BULLET.

PM sent
    www.ncboatguy.com