Just ordered my first Kayak!

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a Vibe Sea Ghost 130 last night. Should be here next week. Can't wait for the weather to get nice so I can hit the small river near my house for smallies. Sold my bass boat a little over a year ago and been looking for something to mess with while I'm between big boats and this looks like a perfect one to start with.

Congrats!
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Nice. I'm sure you'll have fun with it. What made you decide on a Sea Ghost?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Nice. I'm sure you'll have fun with it. What made you decide on a Sea Ghost?
    A buddy of mine knew one of their prostaff in the area and he was generous enough to sit and answer all my newbie questions. Took a lot of time out he didn't have to. The price was right too. I figured it would be a great starter to see how I like it. I've never kayak fished before so it will be an interesting summer. But like I said I've been boat less for a year so chasing smallies on the small rivers here in a kayak will be awesome.

5. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I pulled up the Vibe website and took a look - Nice yak!! I really like how they designed the sonar xducer recess for side scan pucks. Also, its cool that the price includes the rudder!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

6. Member
    Rudders are good and more important than many believe..... if my (prior) yaks didn't have a rudder or a skeg, I made one.

I'm so new to this I didn't see what yall were talking about till I went back and looked again

Been busy trying to find new locations to go visit that I didn't pay any attention to with my boat cause there was no way to get it in there. We have a lot of hp restricted lakes around here I'll probably end up visiting as well.

8. Member
    What's that small muskie lake out West? You would enjoy a muskie "sleigh ride". Remember to keep the rod tip between 10.a.m. And 2 pm off the bow.

9. Member
    Never mind the Muskie Lake reference. You are much further south than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Never mind the Muskie Lake reference. You are much further south than I thought.
    Hey I ain't scared to drive lol

11. Member
    It's been many years, but Shabbona held some fine muskies. Just 45 minutes away from you, too.

12. Member
    Here is an article about an Illinois guy catching 'skis from a yak.

Yeah I've never had much luck on that puddle. But you gotta go the right time of year. They are pretty dang smart. And they know when all the folks from the city are out renting boats lol. Some weekends you can almost walk from boat to boat without getting wet. Supposed to be some nice smallies in there that some club put in a few years ago. Never heard any follow up on how they are doing.

14. Member
    Well, I am retired so I am lucky and I don't fish on the weekends. Have fun with your yak.

15. Member
    Congrats!
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    congrats