Thumbs Up Going to set up a 93SV Plus and Live scope with box-questions?

What gauge wiring is required to run from battery in rear of boat to 93SV plus up at bow?
    Also is a inline 20 amp fuse required that should be paced near the battery on that wiring in back? I will be hooking up the livescope transducer / back box $1499 combo ,,,,,,I havent bought that yet just the 93sv plus. Does the wiring from battery connect into black box then out to the unit up front?
    Thanks guys appreciate the help!

2. Member
    I just installed mine last week. Ran a 10 ga. dedicated circuit from my cranking battery to the console.
    Installed two terminal blocks at console. One for neg one for pos. Continue with 10 ga. from the terminal blocks to the front of boat.
    I have two units at the bow one being the 93sv. Two units at the console and the livescope box mounted under the console. Everything at the console taps off the terminal blocks. A 7 1/2 amp fuse and holder comes with the scope. I placed it at the end of my power cord that comes with the scope at the console. At the battery I have a 30 amp cutoff-circuit breaker.
    Terminal blocks from academy sports.

3. Member
    That's the way to do it. With everything changing all the time, a terminal box at the console and one at the front is the way to go. creekchub, each piece has it's own power cord.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    I just installed mine last week. Ran a 10 ga. dedicated circuit from my cranking battery to the console.
    Installed two terminal blocks at console. One for neg one for pos. Continue with 10 ga. from the terminal blocks to the front of boat.
    I have two units at the bow one being the 93sv. Two units at the console and the livescope box mounted under the console. Everything at the console taps off the terminal blocks. A 7 1/2 amp fuse and holder comes with the scope. I placed it at the end of my power cord that comes with the scope at the console. At the battery I have a 30 amp cutoff-circuit breaker.
    Terminal blocks from academy sports.
    Installed my setup similar...(2) 93SV's and Live Scope. Only major difference is I added a toggle, kill switch, at the helm prior to the first fuse block. I ran a 10ga. wire from the battery to a kill switch then to a fuse block at helm. I continued the 10ga run to a 2nd fuse block in a forward compartment. Installed/powered the network port expander, Live Scope and front 93SV from the front fuse block. Powered the rear unit, N2K network and stereo from the rear fuse block. Each device has it's own fuse at the fuse block and I have the entire circuit on a 25A fuse at the battery. When I'm not in the boat I flip the master kill switch off.

IMG_4518.jpg IMG_4515.jpg IMG_4602.jpg rear compartment.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nice/neat installation.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    FYI
    If you mount the black box under the console, it only comes with a 6ft. network cable.
    I ordered an additional 6ft network extension cable and coupler-splice to reach the console on my boat.

7. Member
    Which LS mount do you use for the trolling motor--shows it comes with a barrell mount and another?

So I will mount the regular transducer the 93sv plus comes with on bottom of motor and then the livescope gets mounted on shaft of trolling motor- where DOES placement of LS transducer go on shaft of trolling motor

Thanks for advice!

I wired 10 Ga from the battery all the way to a terminal box on the bow. I also used a relay and tied it to my power switch so when i kill power with the switch, it also shuts off power to the bow.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

9. Member
    is 12 gauge ok or should it def be 10 gauge? I have a bunch. of 12 gauge

10. Member
    Ttt

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    is 12 gauge ok or should it def be 10 gauge? I have a bunch. of 12 gauge
    The Livescope installation manual lists 10ga as the minimum. Here is what the manual lists...

• 10 AWG (5.26 mm˛) extension wire, up to 4.6 m (15 ft.)
    • 8 AWG (8.36 mm˛) extension wire, up to 7 m (23 ft.)
    • 6 AWG (13.29 mm˛) extension wire, up to 11 m (36 ft.)
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

12. Member
    How many feet long is the power cable that the unit comes with? Trying to determine how many feet I need to add a section of wire to that then to get back to the battery.??

I have an 18 ft boat. I’m running 12 gauge from the transom battery to the bow 93sv plus unit. I am putting a 20amp fuse next to the battery. I will also run 10 gauge wire from the battery to the black box at the console (500w do you need thicker 10 gauge). You will likely need a 6ft or longer extension network cable for the black box. Go to the garmin website, search for LiveScope, scroll down to accessories. They will show you the extension cable that is needed with the specific part number and lengths in meters. Pull up the LiveScope install manual online, it states you need a 7.5A fact-acting fuse in addition to the standard 20amp by the battery.

14. Member
    think it says 10 gauge is minimum from what guys have said. I will stick with the recommended awg. I got the extension cable and coupler from the gps store.

15. Member

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    Installed my setup similar...(2) 93SV's and Live Scope. Only major difference is I added a toggle, kill switch, at the helm prior to the first fuse block. I ran a 10ga. wire from the battery to a kill switch then to a fuse block at helm. I continued the 10ga run to a 2nd fuse block in a forward compartment. Installed/powered the network port expander, Live Scope and front 93SV from the front fuse block. Powered the rear unit, N2K network and stereo from the rear fuse block. Each device has it's own fuse at the fuse block and I have the entire circuit on a 25A fuse at the battery. When I'm not in the boat I flip the master kill switch off.

IMG_4518.jpg IMG_4515.jpg IMG_4602.jpg rear compartment.jpg
    Nice and Clean!

Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    think it says 10 gauge is minimum from what guys have said. I will stick with the recommended awg. I got the extension cable and coupler from the gps store.
    For LiveScope yes, but your head unit draws a lot less current so you can go with 12 gauge...Garmin even told me 18 gauge. It really depends on the length. The 93sv gives the wire gauge requirements based on length...LiveScope install manual does too. You can find both install manuals online. Here are the LiveScope requirements

166D96DA-C782-4E8F-BEAE-CBED02E2CFF2.jpeg