Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1996 Eyra ???’s

I am new to the forums and started looking at a ‘88 354v Ranger, then I moved on to a ‘87 Skeeter 175! Haven’t completely let that one go, but the wood transom and stringers have me concerned for $6500. I’ve seen Basscat mentioned in many different places and really know nothing about them! Feel like I’ll have threads in all the boat forums by the time I find one I’ll buy!!!!

So tonight I said alright let’s see what’s out there for 10-12k, found this one on Facebook! Don’t know much, so looking for any feedback or areas for concern when it comes to these boats!! Thanks in advance!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2439741994853/

2. Member
    I had a ‘94 Eyra for 6 years. I would still have that boat if I didn’t total it. I loved mine. Very good big water boat and fast. Mine had a 175 and it would run 65 easy with two guys and had it up to 70 solo. Mine didn’t have the flippin deck but I believe it was the first model with the built in recessed trolling motor pedal basin. So I had plenty of room. Good luck with your search

3. Banned
    I will take it if you dont.

4. Member
    That is a good looking boat. There is another one listed on the Basscat owners forum for sale. Not on an original Basscat trailer but it has updated electronics and Ultrex. Needs carpet and a polish, but looks like a great deal. If I hadn't bought my R 681VS last year, I would be all over either of those two boats. The 94-96 Eyra was #1 on my list for older used boats.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...ed-t39158.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    That is a good looking boat. There is another one listed on the Basscat owners forum for sale. Not on an original Basscat trailer but it has updated electronics and Ultrex. Needs carpet and a polish, but looks like a great deal. If I hadn't bought my R 681VS last year, I would be all over either of those two boats. The 94-96 Eyra was #1 on my list for older used boats.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...ed-t39158.html
    i actually looked at that one as well, but it’s a 13 hour drive each way! Not going to rule it out though! Did a lot of reading about this era of boats last night, and they appear to be a very solid buy! Honestly didn’t know anything about Basscat until 14 hours ago!

6. Member
    I'm running a 2002 Sabre now and while I do like it, I just miss my Eyra sometimes. I had mine on everything from the Cedar River to Lake Michigan and it did everything well. It did have a "nose high" holeshot but having that was awesome when fishing in the big waters of Lake Michigan and Sturgeon Bay. Mine had a hot foot and in heavy waves you could just give it gas and ride the waves up and down and not get beat to death. The storage on the boat was awesome too imo. The hull shape seemed deeper than my Sabre. I could easily fit 20 combos in the port rod locker and all of the tackle I needed. The Sabre rod locker is shallower and is crowded with 15 combos.

7. Member
    Fished a MegaBuck in the mid 90's on Old Hickory, drew a Louisiana pro with a Eyra. Was the fastest boat I'd been in up till that time, passed a whole lot of Rangers etc. Made enough of an impression I eventually ended up in a 'Cat. I think it introduced the rounder style hulls.
    Last edited by Ben Danbleume; 02-14-2019 at 10:32 AM.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evangorp View Post
    I am new to the forums and started looking at a ‘88 354v Ranger, then I moved on to a ‘87 Skeeter 175! Haven’t completely let that one go, but the wood transom and stringers have me concerned for $6500. I’ve seen Basscat mentioned in many different places and really know nothing about them! Feel like I’ll have threads in all the boat forums by the time I find one I’ll buy!!!!

So tonight I said alright let’s see what’s out there for 10-12k, found this one on Facebook! Don’t know much, so looking for any feedback or areas for concern when it comes to these boats!! Thanks in advance!!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2439741994853/
    Run, dont walk, to the owner of this boat and pay him. You will not regret it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchdiggerjcf View Post
    Run, dont walk, to the owner of this boat and pay him. You will not regret it.

Totally agree ^^^^^^
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

10. Member
    I have the 94 Eyra.
    Almost 4 years now and
    I'm very happy with it.
    Handles Big water great.
    Solid boat. Saw in a post from Bass cat
    Said they had not seen a single transom failure in a early Eyra.

11. Banned
    I have a buddy in Omaha that has a 94 Erya with a 2016 (could be off by a year) Pro XS 175hp that he is willing to sell. I believe he was asking for somewhere around 13k the last I knew. It's in really good shape. He just doesn't bass fish near as much anymore so he is willing to sell it if someone offers what he is asking for it.

on a side note, I see that you are only about 15 minutes from me. PM me anytime you want to get out on the water. I moved up to this area of Iowa about a year and a half ago and haven't met too many new people to fish with.

12. Member
    Well spoke to the gentleman who owns the boat, was honest about the condition of the boat. Carpet has minor tear, one seat has minor tear, and the gel coat on the rub rail is definitely showing it’s age! Rest of the gel coat is great though! Besides your normal wear and tear scuffs of a 21 year old boat’! Seats are only 2 years old as is the prop, batteries are a year old, helix 10 last year 899 a few years back. Both with SI and DI. Motor is a ‘97 EFI. TM is a Maxxum 80 or 82 lb thrust, he couldn’t remember exactly! For the price he told me, not sure I can pass this up! As long as the weather holds out I’m gonna try and go look at it this weekend and more than likely bring it home!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    I have a buddy in Omaha that has a 94 Erya with a 2016 (could be off by a year) Pro XS 175hp that he is willing to sell. I believe he was asking for somewhere around 13k the last I knew. It's in really good shape. He just doesn't bass fish near as much anymore so he is willing to sell it if someone offers what he is asking for it.

on a side note, I see that you are only about 15 minutes from me. PM me anytime you want to get out on the water. I moved up to this area of Iowa about a year and a half ago and haven't met too many new people to fish with.
    Hey there fellow Iowan! We will have to do that. I will keep your buddies boat in mind if this one doesn’t pan out!

14. Member
    I would speak to Liljakec’s buddy. Although the hull is 2 years older, the motor is nearly 20 years newer, and may still be under warranty.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

15. Member
    There’s also another ‘96 Eyra for sale on the BassCat website under the boats for sale page. It also has a newer 175 Pro XS and newer trailer. I believe he had the carpet redone as well. I think he’s looking to get around $13,000

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    There’s also another ‘96 Eyra for sale on the BassCat website under the boats for sale page. It also has a newer 175 Pro XS and newer trailer. I believe he had the carpet redone as well. I think he’s looking to get around $13,000
    That’s my cousin’s boat. I can vouch it’s a sharp ride and he’ll shoot you straight. Eyra1 on this board. Not sure how much he stops in here though. If you’re interested I can let him know op.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerAce View Post
    That’s my cousin’s boat. I can vouch it’s a sharp ride and he’ll shoot you straight. Eyra1 on this board. Not sure how much he stops in here though. If you’re interested I can let him know op.
    It’s on my possibly list! Not sure where in AR he lives, curious how far of a drive it would be for me!

18. Member
    9hrs 41min. From Ames Iowa to Little Rock. According to Google that is. LOL. We are a hair north of there but close enough to say Little Rock.
    Here’s his email if you have any questions.
    jignpig89@comcast.net
    Last edited by RangerAce; 02-18-2019 at 07:08 PM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerAce View Post
    9hrs 41min. From Ames Iowa to Little Rock. According to Google that is. LOL. We are a hair north of there but close enough to say Little Rock.
    Here’s his email if you have any questions.
    jignpig89@comcast.net
    Thanks!

20. Member
    You’re welcome. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast