Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

I can't be the only one that thinks these new four strokes are butt ugly. I'm sure they are great motors, just don't want to be caught dating one.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    I can't be the only one that thinks these new four strokes are butt ugly. I'm sure they are great motors, just don't want to be caught dating one.
    They grow on fast!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05ranger View Post
    They grow on fast!!!
    I sure hope so, if not I will only be able to fish at night when it's dark. Boat will need to be back in the garage before daylight.

4. Member
    I think they're ugly to but if they are reliable I will get over that. Lol

5. Member
    I sure hope so, if not I will only be able to fish at night when it's dark. Boat will need to be back in the garage before daylight.
    Lol, that’s funny. Seriously though the look grows on you after looking at it everyday, and even if it doesn’t you’ll forget all about it when you turn the key. I still get a little chubby every time I fire mine off.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

6. Member
    i promise after a couple weeks you want even be able to look at a Opti again. Every time you start it up you cant help but smile. They sound mean starting up and awesome sounding idling!!! A lot faster to 50 to

7. Member
    i promise after a couple weeks you want even be able to look at a Opti again. Every time you start it up you cant help but smile. They sound mean starting up and awesome sounding idling!!! A lot faster to 50 to
    Isn't that the truth!

8. Member
    I like the way they look, they sound even better, can't wait until I get one.

9. Member
    She is kinda like that chunky girl in high school that nobody wanted to date... But when you got her off by yourself she was one heck of a time and the best you ever had. Then eventually you didnt care anymore and took her around your friends and then they became jealous and wanted her too. And they are right, when I fire mine up at the ramp in the mornings everybody turns there heads to see what that growling is.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bustasack View Post
    She is kinda like that chunky girl in high school that nobody wanted to date... But when you got her off by yourself she was one heck of a time and the best you ever had. Then eventually you didnt care anymore and took her around your friends and then they became jealous and wanted her too. And they are right, when I fire mine up at the ramp in the mornings everybody turns there heads to see what that growling is.
    Very true who doesn’t love thick girls?

11. Member
    That growling could be her stomach!

True.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    They are kinda like fat girls and mopeds. Fun to ride but you dont want your friends to see you on them.

14. Member
    That growling could be her stomach!
    Or a fart

15. Member
    IMO they’re not nearly as ugly as the E-TEC G2. As a matter of fact the more I look at it the more I do like the look of it. We as Americans just don’t like change. It’s just in us.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg08 View Post
    IMO they’re not nearly as ugly as the E-TEC G2. As a matter of fact the more I look at it the more I do like the look of it. We as Americans just don’t like change. It’s just in us.
    Agreed.

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info each time you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info each time you post. Thanks!
    If you’re referring to me bringing up another manufacturer than Mercury here, my bad. Glad to see you back Don! I talked to Ronda and looking forward to speaking with you when the chance arises on my install.

19. Member
    They look much better when the boat is in the water.

20. Member
    They grow on fast!!!
    No they don't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast