198P hydraulic JP

I know in the last few years a 4" JP is all Ranger would allow on their hulls, I was just wondering if that is still the case or are they allowing at least a 6" since they are now allowing double poles on the 2019 198P??

2. Member
    I talked to Ranger a few weeks ago. I was told 4” is what they recommend.

3. Member
    Just wondering if it’s worth the price . Does the boat handle and perform better. My boat is 2017 198p. I would appreciate any feedback .Thanks

I’ll reply soon as mine gets here. I’m looking at 10 weeks in face.
    I got the 4” my son didn’t put jp on his 198. So he wants to know if it worth it as well

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BR374 View Post
    I’ll reply soon as mine gets here. I’m looking at 10 weeks in face.
    I got the 4” my son didn’t put jp on his 198. So he wants to know if it worth it as well
    Thanks, are you saying that there is a 10 week wait on your boat from the factory??

Yes and looks like 11 weeks is gaining ground!
    rough waiting

7. Member
    When I ordered my 198 Ranger installed a 4" Atlas. I have seen mention that they will warranty up to a 6" Atlas if installed by Ranger or a Ranger dealer but have not seen that in writing. As for performance increases I can't help you. I haven't had the opportunity to run it much and have only been able to get 52.7mph with two people, full fuel and empty livewells. I also have two 8' Talons.

From above post about letting you know how my jp did:
    I would get money $ back if could. My case, the only benefit I have is idling out of shallow water and beaching boat.
    I can trim up and do same thing without jp.
    But it looks nice! Could help resale though.

If I get one it would be for idling through miles and miles of no wake shallow canals on a few of our chain lakes.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!