Bow Trailer Step on Nitros

Was originally planning to buy the trailer step that comes on the new Nitros and install on my Ranger trailer but looks like there would be quite a bit of modification required. So I think I am going to fabricate my own. Need some help from you guys with the overall dimensions for material purchase. Need the Width (w), Length (L), and height (H) per the attached. And diameter of the pole. Thanks!!
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

2. Member
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Nobody has a trailer bow step?!
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    I don't have one. However, when I was looking for one to out on dad's boat, the shipping cost was about the same as the price of the step. Something about only being able to ship to a location that had a loading dick due to the weight. Now that was a couple years ago. Hopefully it has changed.

5. Member
    I'll give it a shot. To begin with the step plate on the tongue is an 8 x 11 1/2 oval. The second step is difficult to measure because of it's convoluted shape. The height as shown on your picture is about 2 1/8 inches. The width of the part bolted to the trailer is 5 inches. The widest part of the step is 9 inches which narrows to 3 1/8 where the pole comes thru. The overall length is 17 3/8. The pole is 1 3/8 diameter, or close anyway. By the way, I think Nitro has a great system. It is a very secure way to get in the boat while on the trailer. Well thought out and standard on many models.
    Last edited by jtrac; 02-13-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRYE View Post
    I don't have one. However, when I was looking for one to out on dad's boat, the shipping cost was about the same as the price of the step. Something about only being able to ship to a location that had a loading dick due to the weight. Now that was a couple years ago. Hopefully it has changed.
    Check with your local Nitro dealers parts dept............they had the step in stock at mine.

7. Member
    Thanks Jtrac! That helps alot.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225