Bilge Pump Running alot

Curious how many would try tackle getting to the bilge pump , when especially I have two power pole pumps , jack plate pump and oil tank and a battery charger to move out of the way before can even begin to know how hard the bilge pump be to get to it after moving all that??? I understand paying a shop is all labor for that ? Just curious?

2. Member
    I fix all my own equipment......Not hard a hard job if you now how to turn wrenches.

3. Member
    I'm not a boat mechanic (as Bro' Savage is), and I am lucky to have a good boat service shop. So for me, it would be cheaper/better in the long run to have my shop guys tackle the issue. Believe I would be more concerned about the water getting into the hull that's making the pump need to run. Best of luck whatever route you take.

FYI, issue is no water was in it making it run! Which means either a float or sensor issue! I’m going to fill water in bilge ride a few miles with it the back down driveway see if it pumps it out and shuts off and stays off! Maybe if it’s sensor or float issue might get lucky correct itself ! Never know! I’ve had power off of it for several days keep
    it off!

5. Member
    Sounds like a plan. I'd try getting the bow elevated and letting the water drain out the plug before energizing the pump to, hopefully, get whatever trash that may be in the float to run out the back instead of fouling the pump. Then you can pick the crap out by hand and/or use your shop vac. GOOD LUCK!!

6. Member
    If you haven't already tried the water in bilge, another possible option might be to blow compressed air down the discharge to try to dislodge whatever is keeping the float engaged. Let us know how you come out.

The compressed air through discharge not a bad idea, will try that as the water test did not work? Thanks