115HO warning beep??

2018 115 HO Model A115GHLAFI SN 05502643

I just got this motor on a RT188 and have noticed that in the past few days it has made a single beep and when I looked down I saw the check engine, then hot temp, then no oil each light up once, one at a time. Then everything appears fine. Coincidentally it seemed to happen when I operated the trim on 3 out of 4 times. Any ideas or concern? Battery , motor, boat all brand new.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Is this on start up or during normal running? The ETEC will sound the horn and all the lights on either the 4 LED gauge or System Check Tach will do that at start up. If it is during running reach up under the dash and find the 8 pin harness to the gauge or tach and unplug it and plug it back in, you may have a bad connection from rigging. If that isn't the case, then take it to your dealer and have the issue corrected.

3. Member
    It's during running. Since I operated the trim when it came in I had wondered about a voltage issue

4. Member
    Just don't want to make an over an hour drive to the dealer if it's something small. Also if it's like a vehicle my experience has been if it's not broke when I bring it in the odds of finding the problem are small.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I would check all the grounds on both the motor and the battery. How old is the battery? And I would reseat the cable harness to your tach/gauge.

6. Member
    I will check it out. Battery is brand new

How tight are the wing nuts on the battery?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

9. Member
    Nuts should be tight. I'm out of town now but will check when I'm back along with the harness