Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Got the cable ran thru the bottom and fed up inside the shaft... Did not cut the cable, just drilled a hole large enough to accommodate the connecter..I let it cure for 3 days before submerging test.No bubbles with slight pressure. Will give it the real test next week with several days fishing.

Hard for me to believe a trolling motor company would have trouble sealing a hole for a transducer cable...Considering all the submersible pumps and multiple other underwater electronic devices both AC and DC.
    puck1.jpgpuck2.jpg

2. Banned
    How big of hole did you drill.? Them connectors are pretty big.

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    looks good...hope it works for ya mike

Ya know....I've looked at the small transducer cable hanging out of the small hole under the head of my Ultrex and wondered how much water can actually get in there and find its way down the inside of the shaft to the lower unit? I could see if MK used a rubber grommet around that wire inserted in the hole may provide the best protection against water intrusion but the way it is now the hole is larger than the wire.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    How big of hole did you drill.? Them connectors are pretty big.
    5/8" which IMO the bigger hole actually helps as it lets the cord lay at an angle so there are no hard bends in it... plus you can still get plenty of silicone between the cord and the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Ya know....I've looked at the small transducer cable hanging out of the small hole under the head of my Ultrex and wondered how much water can actually get in there and find its way down the inside of the shaft to the lower unit?
    If you run through a good rain while mtr is stowed, I figure any water that gets in the head is going to funnel right down the shaft when its deployed. same goes for trailering thru a hard rain or taking spray over the front while running rough water. I don't know how much it would take to cause an issue.
    Might be worth putting a dab of silicone around that hole.

After closer inspection the bottom half of the control box cover is designed to divert and drain water away from the shaft opening if any gets inside the cover.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 02-20-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: miss spoke.

UPDATE.

First trip out after drilling case and running transducer cable inside the shaft with the rest of the wires. Fished 4 days with no issues , before leaving to come home I pulled one of the case bolts to check for water... So far it's dry.

7. Banned
    Good deal.

8. Member
    Add me to list of water intruded ultrex motors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12