Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    I have a little skin in this one. I own a 2018 Z19 and fish our club tournaments out of partners boat 2016 TRX20 Triton. Both boats fish well, The triton overall is probably better long term quality and resale. However the ride in the new Z Series Nitro is way better than the TRX20. My Z19 will run 68+ loaded all day and has immaculate deck space and storage. The TRX20 scares the heck out of me at 65 as it really chine walks at high speed ( yes it has hydraulic jack plate and still walks ) The dual power pole I like better than one. As far as trailers the Nitro has new Galvashield coating so tube trailer doesn't bother me on that. I'm also assuming the Nitro being a 2019 has 4 stroke ProXs? and the 2018 Triton has 2 stroke ProXs?

Just my opinion Brother.
    The Triton walks because your buddy doesn't know how to drive. I would pick the Triton in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    I would sell the skeeter if it had 345hp off the back and only did 79 . My cat runs 82 NOT FLASHED . 250sho . Triton way before a nitro . My dad is 76 years old . He use to own a Nitro in till mom made him sell it for backing his back . 3 vertebrae‘s One crushed and 2 cracked in half . Never a nitro .
    I freaking love BBC!

3. Member
    250 flashed to a 300 278 stock at crank now 346 at crank according to hydrotech on dyno. Twin sticks two guys full gear and fuel. Skeeter is a heavy boat the flas woke it up

4. Member
    My whole point was zero chine walk

5. Member
    I got to tell you, I can get to 74 loaded in cool weather with my flashed ZX 250 Skeeter. Crazy your pulling that kind of speed. After flash i gained 2-3mph with same load. I agree Skeeters are very stable at high speeds. No chinewalking ever!

6. Member
    I only saw that speed in September when things cooled down temperature wise and humidity. I never got out after that unfortunately the river was high, kids stuff, work etc. I would like to run it when it was really cool out but I agree with you immediately after the flash it was hotter than hell Midsummer I didn’t see a ton of gain. The whole key to the flash is to get your RPMs up my understanding to get the horse power when I saw my TopSpeed I was running 6200 rpm’s I don’t plan to run a whole lot higher but that’s where you get the speed

7. Member
    I love my Triton 20 TrX Patriot.

8. Member
    Triton

9. Member
    Neither, buy a used Ranger
    Last edited by Schultz; 02-16-2019 at 06:43 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    Neither, but a used Ranger
    This took longer than I expected. 49 posts
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    I have a little skin in this one. I own a 2018 Z19 and fish our club tournaments out of partners boat 2016 TRX20 Triton. Both boats fish well, The triton overall is probably better long term quality and resale. However the ride in the new Z Series Nitro is way better than the TRX20. My Z19 will run 68+ loaded all day and has immaculate deck space and storage. The TRX20 scares the heck out of me at 65 as it really chine walks at high speed ( yes it has hydraulic jack plate and still walks ) The dual power pole I like better than one. As far as trailers the Nitro has new Galvashield coating so tube trailer doesn't bother me on that. I'm also assuming the Nitro being a 2019 has 4 stroke ProXs? and the 2018 Triton has 2 stroke ProXs?

Just my opinion Brother.
    Sounds like it's more the driver than anything. Mine doesn't start to chine until the 68 -70 mark with a manual plate. However the passenger has no clue it's doing bc I compensate for it. The 20 trx is a great boat and to me is really easy to drive, but not all drivers are created equal. I cut my teeth with chine walk with a tr19 with a 200. That boat took a little time for me to learn to drive it. Once I did figure it out the passenger didnt really feel it chine walk.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    This took longer than I expected. 49 posts
    That’s what I was thinking. You knew they would be along soon. Lol

13. Member
    The one post that got me even thinking that maybe the Nitro - 4 stroke vs 2 stroke. Otherwise, I am in the camp of Triton..

14. Member
    I would buy the boat based on Dealer availability. It really sucks to have issues where you need a dealer and its hours and hours away.....the longer you own the boat the more you will need them to fix stuff unless you are a DIY type with motors and all the other stuff that goes bad over time.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

15. Member
    I have looked at both boats recently......they are very different in how you are sitting while driving the boat. You sit very high in the Nitro, good for older folks or someone with a bad back. The Triton seat is much lower. Harder to get up from if you are a big guy or have physical limitations. My buddy has a Nitro Z20 and it fishes and rides really well. Have another buddy with a 20' Triton and it fishes and rides really well.

Go sit in and if able demo both boats..........you will have a preference one way or the other.

DD

16. Member
    This will help close your price gap some, ABA or The Federation Pkg. Entry fees paid 1 full year for the ABA [up to $1000/ or join the Federation and receive $500 back along with Triton clothing. If you a Veteran, First responder, you can get $2.00 per HP, along with Triton clothing.

17. Member
    I have an old 2000 Triton TR21 and love it. Fast enough for me and very nice riding on rough water. My son got a Nitro Z21 last year and I have to say it is damn nice. Fit and finish is high quality and smoother riding than my rig. Plus the front deck on his Nitro is huge! He has a 250 Verado on it and it moves along very nicely.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I would buy the boat based on Dealer availability. It really sucks to have issues where you need a dealer and its hours and hours away.....the longer you own the boat the more you will need them to fix stuff unless you are a DIY type with motors and all the other stuff that goes bad over time.....
    Good point!

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Triton had issues a few years back and gave everyone new hulls to fix it, will Johnny do that!!

20. Member
    Nitro Z20! More for your money it seems and if many of the pro's use them should be good for you. Don't worry about resale.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast