Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Can’t decide....wwyd??

Looking at a 19 Nitro z20 Pro and a leftover ‘18 Triton 20 TRX Patriot. Both have Ultrex 112 and same graphs. The Nitro has 2 powerpoles and the Triton only has one. As far as price the Nitro is about 2k less and about 2 hours closer to me. Love both of them but can’t decide which to get. I’m going to have my next boat for a very long time so I’m not real concerned about resale value. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Honestly I would say the Triton would be my choice. I have an older nitro and have been in older Tritons and the fiberglass quality and just cut and finish of the components are a lot better in Tritons.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Take a long hard look at the trailers. The boat spends most of it's life on the trailer, and is the most overlooked part of the whole deal. I have no issues with Nitro boats except for the tube trailers.

4. Member
    I have a little skin in this one. I own a 2018 Z19 and fish our club tournaments out of partners boat 2016 TRX20 Triton. Both boats fish well, The triton overall is probably better long term quality and resale. However the ride in the new Z Series Nitro is way better than the TRX20. My Z19 will run 68+ loaded all day and has immaculate deck space and storage. The TRX20 scares the heck out of me at 65 as it really chine walks at high speed ( yes it has hydraulic jack plate and still walks ) The dual power pole I like better than one. As far as trailers the Nitro has new Galvashield coating so tube trailer doesn't bother me on that. I'm also assuming the Nitro being a 2019 has 4 stroke ProXs? and the 2018 Triton has 2 stroke ProXs?

Just my opinion Brother.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

5. Member
    Me too Triton.

6. Member
    Resale will be easier to do on the Triton ! Just curious does the Nitro have a Tandem wheel trailer for a 20 foot boat ?

7. Member
    Triton any day.

8. Member
    New Nitro anyday, especially for 2k less. Today's Nitro build quality is up there with the rest now. 10 years ago not so much.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassiholic View Post
    Resale will be easier to do on the Triton ! Just curious does the Nitro have a Tandem wheel trailer for a 20 foot boat ?
    yes they both have tandem trailers with road armor coating on them

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    I have a little skin in this one. I own a 2018 Z19 and fish our club tournaments out of partners boat 2016 TRX20 Triton. Both boats fish well, The triton overall is probably better long term quality and resale. However the ride in the new Z Series Nitro is way better than the TRX20. My Z19 will run 68+ loaded all day and has immaculate deck space and storage. The TRX20 scares the heck out of me at 65 as it really chine walks at high speed ( yes it has hydraulic jack plate and still walks ) The dual power pole I like better than one. As far as trailers the Nitro has new Galvashield coating so tube trailer doesn't bother me on that. I'm also assuming the Nitro being a 2019 has 4 stroke ProXs? and the 2018 Triton has 2 stroke ProXs?

Just my opinion Brother.
    They both have the new Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke. The Triton is an ‘18 model but was made late in the year and came with the newer 4 stroke.

11. Moderator
    triton....

12. Member
    I know you don't plan on selling either boat that you haven't even bought yet but i never buy anything that i can't sell without a lot of effort . Things change and you don't know whats around corner so theres one thought . Id also look around your area and see what make of boats sell in your area . In the north east the nitro's sell better than in deep south . You live in Ky and last time i heard triton is built in Tn pretty close . Bass Pro is all about money and they scimp where they can . Just watch Ranger want be the same in a few years . But the most important question is who do you have to work on engine . hands down id go with the boat that has a good rep for giving good service . Your boat is only as good a your mechanic .

13. Member
    Triton!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassiholic View Post
    I know you don't plan on selling either boat that you haven't even bought yet but i never buy anything that i can't sell without a lot of effort . Things change and you don't know whats around corner so theres one thought . Id also look around your area and see what make of boats sell in your area . In the north east the nitro's sell better than in deep south . You live in Ky and last time i heard triton is built in Tn pretty close . Bass Pro is all about money and they scimp where they can . Just watch Ranger want be the same in a few years . But the most important question is who do you have to work on engine . hands down id go with the boat that has a good rep for giving good service . Your boat is only as good a your mechanic .
    i agree with you 100%.....the good thing about is that they both have Mercury’s and I have an extremely good Mercury mechanic in town. As far as anything with either boat though I’d have to drive an hour or so

15. Member
    Triton hands down

16. Member
    Sit at the drivers seat in each boat and see how it feels, how the gauges and graphs look etc. Triton sit too low to the floor and ride rough to me. just my opionion

17. Member
    Nitro. I like Tritons but every one I have been in gets sketchy at higher speeds. My Z-9 is solid up to it's top speed.

18. Dogfish_Jones
    Either one is good boats. Look at what makes it better for you to fish. The layout, storage, and how you feel in the seat.

19. Member
    I would have to go with the Triton

20. Member
    Triton.

Some of the above posts make me chuckle. The reason the Triton starts to walk is because it is a high performance hull. All of the faster hulls do that. Once you get some seat time and learn how to drive it, it will be a faster boat.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast