Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nitro, it's a year newer, has 2 poles instead of 1,costs less, front deck on it is massive and they're easier for anyone to drive. All the Nitro bashing on BBC is ignorant!! Plenty of 90's model nitros still floating on lakes all over the country with no problems.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Nitro, it's a year newer, has 2 poles instead of 1,costs less, front deck on it is massive and they're easier for anyone to drive. All the Nitro bashing on BBC is ignorant!! Plenty of 90's model nitros still floating on lakes all over the country with no problems.

+1

Plus, to get ' T R I T O N ' They just added a "T" to "NITRO" and that $2,000 can buy a whole bunch of tea and if NOT a tea drinker, put the $$ in Your pocket.

3. Member
    Im partial to tritons. Gotta say. I think it being a patriot model will make the difference worth it. Also if you fish tournaments, make sure to checl out the livewell system. A guy in our club went from a triton to having a new ranger built. Said it cost him 2k to add the livewell options of the max flow and aerators. Just something else to compare. But I'd say triton all day.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m partial to Tritons and like the Patriot edition a lot but this one is a toss up to me. I would pick the one that has the color combo and storage arrangement that fits me the best. I would have 0 issue with either boat. I’m leaning Triton but wouldnt hesitate to get the Nitro.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I have been in more than my fair share of tritons not been in as many newer nitros. I have sat in both while looking at boats this past year and personally I think boat are great boats have a ton of storage.
    I do think the Triton will give you a better resale value down the road. the one thing I didn't care for on the newer tritons was hot high you sit in the seat in relation to the gunnel of the boat.
    other than that I think its gonna be up to you. the twin poles makes a big difference also that's a big chunk of change for them.

6. Banned
    I wouldn’t let the one pole less scare me or the 2 hours closer. Pick which boat you like best. Be the Triton for me hands down, but i wouldn’t let the Nitro name scare me if you like the layout of it better.
    Last edited by catch5; 02-13-2019 at 03:59 PM.

7. Member
    I had a Nitron Z-9 for a while. It was a fine platform but the worst rough water ride I’ve ever been in and every component on the boat is cheap crap. My buddy has a newer Z-21 which is way better but I still will never own another Nitro again. I can’t speak for the Triton.

I have a neighbor that has a 2015 Triton and he loves it.

Triton.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Member
    Chine walking, man never had one that wasnt capable of chine walking. Any high performance boat will do it if you cant drive it. After a while u cant make one walk
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

11. Member
    Buy the one you like the best not what this bunch tells you to buy, you're the one paying for it.

12. Member
    My Skeeter hits 79 with zero chine

13. Member
    Damn! That’s the fastest Skeeter I’ve heard! That’s cruising

Nitro
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post

Lmao!!!!!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    Should you really be towing your boat that fast?
    John the Garage Doorman

17. Banned
    Nitro... Closer, means better dealer service... Plus, the Triton is almost 2 model years old... Dan

18. Member
    Its flashed!

19. Member
    346 HP at crank due to flash no joke! 74 was average top speed before flashed

20. Member
    I would sell the skeeter if it had 345hp off the back and only did 79 . My cat runs 82 NOT FLASHED . 250sho . Triton way before a nitro . My dad is 76 years old . He use to own a Nitro in till mom made him sell it for backing his back . 3 vertebrae‘s One crushed and 2 cracked in half . Never a nitro .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast