Best week for Eufaula?

I’m going to Eufaula next week even though I know it’s probably too early for peak bass fishing. I have the opportunity to go back sometime in March-May. Just based on history, what week would you pick to go to Eufaula? I’m trying to decide so I can nail down a place to stay.

Thanks

2. Banned
    March, April, May, June it is packed. Lot of tourneys there during this time. I would try and fish during the week. You better go ahead and book because the Cabins and Cottages book up fast.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtriton80 View Post
    March, April, May, June it is packed. Lot of tourneys there during this time. I would try and fish during the week. You better go ahead and book because the Cabins and Cottages book up fast.
    Which week offers the best chance of a good catch? I need to figure out the best chance of success in the hope I don’t waste my time and money.

4. Banned
    I would go in late March or April. More grass will be up in May. Just do a search for tourneys on that pond and plan around it. Its a busy place. AL and GA anglers.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Which week offers the best chance of a good catch? I need to figure out the best chance of success in the hope I don’t waste my time and money.
    I would guess this is totally dependent on the weather

If you have never run Eufaula...STAY IN THE CHANNEL until you verify the depth! That is not always easy either. They can make several switch backs that are unexpected. Also some of the creeks switch to marking the center of the channels vice the sides. It is a great lake with some good flipping bites at times.

The local Walmart has a better stocked fishing section than most Cabelas. The former mayor of Eufaula, AL owns Strike Zone Lures and stocks all his stuff at this Walmart. Bring a chatterbait and put a trailer on it.

If at all possible, stay at Lake Point. If not, get a hotel in Eufaula.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    Any week is good at Eufaula! The fish are still there...just need to figure them out!