250 V8 Pro XS 4 Stoke 100hr Service

Just had my dealer do the 100hr service on my new 4 stoke.Mercury really did their homework on this motor. I never thought I’d find a motor I liked better than a opti or verado but boy this new V8 is awesome! Can’t say enough about this new 4 stoke. Engine never used the first oz of oil or any issues!!! If anyone is on the fence about the new 4 stoke don’t wait!!!

Have done a couple dozen 100HR services & I haven't seen 1 engine that has made any oil yet. Definitely glad I didn't wait either

3. Member
    Like to hear good news on this motor. Most of what we get is someone having problems. I’m re-powering with the 225 pro xs v8 tourqemaster as soon as she makes it to my dealer. They’re telling me March. They’ve been on order since July. Heard several say the 23 pitch prop is the prop to try first. It just so happens I’m running a 23 tempest on my peice of crap etec. Looking forward to getting this bad boy installed. Troll fishing only is no fun!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xTriton05 View Post
    Have done a couple dozen 100HR services & I haven't seen 1 engine that has made any oil yet. Definitely glad I didn't wait either
    So glad to hear they aren’t making or using any oil. loved my verado but this new V8 4 stoke 21trx combo is awesome!

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We haven't seen any problems out of the ones we've sold/serviced, either.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info each time you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Love this motor!!! 170hrs and I enjoy it more and more I use it. I Never dreamed Mercury could out Do the verado, but boy was I wrong. This new V8 makes any boat better.

7. mikesxpress
    Has anyone noticed a Mercury installed in-line fuel filter placed in the fuel line just ahead of the entrance into the cowling? This was included as initial filtration for new boat tank crud and is to be removed & not replaced at 100 hours?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Has anyone noticed a Mercury installed in-line fuel filter placed in the fuel line just ahead of the entrance into the cowling? This was included as initial filtration for new boat tank crud and is to be removed & not replaced at 100 hours?
    This was started a couple years ago due to problems with tanks/systems (some were worse than others). Intention was to remove at first mandatory service interval (1 year or 100 hours, whichever occurs FIRST).

I would not, however, remove prior to 20 hours.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    270hrs now and I can’t find one bad thing about this motor. Greatest motor mercury has ever made IMHO!!! It’s not used a drop of oil or had any problems!!!!

10. Member
    I’ve had mine for almost a year now....flawless. Absolutely love it!,
    i have a big vrod on mt Tritoon, and I love it equally as much. It’s a 2016, and has also been flawless.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    I’ve had mine for almost a year now....flawless. Absolutely love it!,
    i have a big vrod on mt Tritoon, and I love it equally as much. It’s a 2016, and has also been flawless.
    Awesome. Those big vrod’s are amazing machinery!!!