Question Fortrex Slow to drop

Is there a way to adjust how it lowers and raises? Seems sluggish to drop and have to step down to lock it in.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=961473
    Make sure this isnt the issue.

3. Member
    If it has just developed this issue, look at the pivots and pivot bushing. If it's always been a problem, remove the trolling motor from the bowguard and manually push down on the upper arm (It's under pressure so don't let go of it) and make sure it is coming down in the center of the mount. If it is off center, then the mount is on the boat in a twist and you will have to loosen/tighten mounting bolts til the arm comes down in the center of the mount.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I just replaced all the pivot parts a month ago. It was fairly simple if you are mechanically inclined, the guy in the video is struggling more then he has to. First thing is remove the lower unit/shaft from the mount using that one Allen bold. I suggest using the Allen socket not the keys. Caution the mount is under pressure, it will lock in deployed position but lay it in the stowed position and there's no struggling. I removed the pivot bolts and the two tiny Allen screws holding the pin in place. The entire mono arm can now be removed. I cleaned the arm and reassembled with fresh parts. My issue wasn't as bad, but the bushings were toast and I had some side to side slop. Once new bushings in place the mount was just like new.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I just replaced all the pivot parts a month ago. It was fairly simple if you are mechanically inclined, the guy in the video is struggling more then he has to. First thing is remove the lower unit/shaft from the mount using that one Allen bold. I suggest using the Allen socket not the keys. Caution the mount is under pressure, it will lock in deployed position but lay it in the stowed position and there's no struggling. I removed the pivot bolts and the two tiny Allen screws holding the pin in place. The entire mono arm can now be removed. I cleaned the arm and reassembled with fresh parts. My issue wasn't as bad, but the bushings were toast and I had some side to side slop. Once new bushings in place the mount was just like new.
    I agree. The trick is to remove the motor from the mount while it's stowed as you said. I usually remove the 4 bolts holding the pivots and lift the uni arm off the mount with the pivots still connected to the stabilizer pin. I then put it in a vise so I can "flip" the rope guide and have the pin sticking out where I can remove the small set screws. From there, it's a reverse process. If the pivots are still good, all you have to do is lift the arm off the mount, replace the bushings and put the arm back on the mount.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

I wish you guys would have done the video...seriously! That was my first stab at it. Good to know about taking the motor off first! :) Will try that next time.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
    I wish you guys would have done the video...seriously! That was my first stab at it. Good to know about taking the motor off first! :) Will try that next time.
    All good the job got done. Now your a pro for next time lol. Good job