At staff meeting and project review today...... one of my developers asked:

"who do you think had the best flow guitar music/chords?" Keep in mind this is a 20-something year old asking me. I replied that I thought if you want smooth chords and good guitar, Dire Straits's Sultans of Swing or any Santana. I look up and it looks like I'm looking at 5 sets of "deer in the headlights" looking back at me. They had no idea who either were. What are these kids being taught????? Couple of more came in and when asked if they had ever heard of either, my 30-ish female developer from Canada said oh heck yeah! My Dad listened to them all the time. Maybe there is some hope......

One of my friends was an engineer at Boeing. During a meeting, somebody suggested trying water injection to increase thrust on takeoff. My friend said that phenomenon was well understood by Mr. Charles Berry of St. Lewis in the late '50's. Nobody got it, except his boss. "Maybelline, why cantcha be true?"
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    About twenty years ago took my 16 year old daughter to the Paul McCartney concert..
    his first song was "Live and Let Die". she turned around to me and said he stole that from Guns and Roses, does he have any original stuff ?

4. Member
    LOL parents with no taste.

The wife and I listen to a bunch of a classic rock with our 3 year old. I have been listening a lot of Van Morrison and Bob dylan with the kiddo and the wife usually has Janis, Jimmy or the doors going in the car lol

I wish I never heard Santana
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

6. Banned
    Welcome to old.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    About twenty years ago took my 16 year old daughter to the Paul McCartney concert..
    his first song was "Live and Let Die". she turned around to me and said he stole that from Guns and Roses, does he have any original stuff ?
    A number of years ago, I was looking at CD’s in a store and two young girls were across the isle looking at CD’s. One of them picked up a Beatles CD and says to her friend “Look, Paul McCartney is on this CD. I didn’t know he was in another band before Wings!” DUH!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Banned
    Jerry Reed is my favorite guitarist. Mark Knopfler can sure play though.