Thread: Please help me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Will1029 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe I need to find a board sponsor who builds rods. My guy is great, just not a bass guy. Two more questions. One, what is the difference between sj and mb? Two, how much could I cut off a 7ft 10 inch blank without drastically changing it.
    I think the only board sponsor who builds customs is Alex (ALX/Hydra)

When you really look at it, a spin jig (SJ) and a mag bass (MB) of the same ratings are really similar. Don't get too hung up on the Spin part of Spin Jig.

2. Member
    Thanks guys.... now ya wanna head over to the lounge and argue about MLF

3. Member
    Just a little update for the guys who helped me out. I have had many phone conversations with Alex at ALX and have ordered a custom toadface. I also ordered an nfc xray and had the blank delivered to my rod builder. I decided over the weekend to really look at swapping out all my off the shelf rods with customs. So I'm on the search for the one blank and builder to start swapping the rest of my rods out. I think getting these two rods will be a great starting point for the direction I wanna go. I will give a full review of the builds when they come and updates after I fish with them. Thanks again guys for helping me out.

4. Member
    Just a little update for the guys who helped me out. I have had many phone conversations with Alex at ALX and have ordered a custom toadface. I also ordered an nfc xray and had the blank delivered to my rod builder. I decided over the weekend to really look at swapping out all my off the shelf rods with customs. So I'm on the search for the one blank and builder to start swapping the rest of my rods out. I think getting these two rods will be a great starting point for the direction I wanna go. I will give a full review of the builds when they come and updates after I fish with them. Thanks again guys for helping me out.
    Something you may want to consider is having the rods you currently own rebuilt.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Something you may want to consider is having the rods you currently own rebuilt.
    I'm actually hoping to find a local group to donate them too

6. Member
    I would again like to thank all who replied. Now a follow up to the rods I had built. I had alx build a custom toadface. I had my local rod builder build me one on an nfc xray blank. All I can say is the toadface is not the lightest rod I own, not the most sensitive either, it may not be the best balanced of the bunch, however it is my favorite. It may not be the best or greatest anything, but everything it does it does right. The action the feel the way it casts it just does them flawlessly. If you are looking for a blank or complete rod I would not hesitate to put this at the top of any list. I'm lucky enough to own many customs this one is a true winner.

I would again like to thank all who replied. Now a follow up to the rods I had built. I had alx build a custom toadface. I had my local rod builder build me one on an nfc xray blank. All I can say is the toadface is not the lightest rod I own, not the most sensitive either, it may not be the best balanced of the bunch, however it is my favorite. It may not be the best or greatest anything, but everything it does it does right. The action the feel the way it casts it just does them flawlessly. If you are looking for a blank or complete rod I would not hesitate to put this at the top of any list. I'm lucky enough to own many customs this one is a true winner.
    Thanks Will. I'd wondered how that rod did for you. I'll take that honest review... sometimes it's better to be good all around than the best at one single thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12