Thread: MLF commercial

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

MLF commercial

Am I the only one thinking this 28second weigh in commercial they have on repeat does more harm to bass fishing as a sport than to MLF/BPT as an organization? Feels an awful lot like still hunters vs dog hunters. Just a ponder. :shrug

2. Member
    not sure, i'll have to wait for 10 pages of commentary on this subject before I can decide

Posted this in another topic, curious what others think,
    I agree,the cpmmercials they are running are bashing livewell tournaments. I stopped watching after the first commercial like that.
    Give it a few years when all tournaments are run like this and no one can find enough officials to run a 60 boat local tournament. That will end it. I can`t imagine the effect it will have on boat manufacturers when bass boats aren`t desired anymore because there is really no need for them. You can run this format in a pontoon boat.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

4. Member
    That commercial or similar has been playing for a number of years now. I wonder why nobody complained about it before the BPT tour started.

5. Member
    Extremely poor taste and will hurt bass fishing big time!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    That commercial or similar has been playing for a number of years now. I wonder why nobody complained about it before the BPT tour started.
    First time for me to see it!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Extremely poor taste and will hurt bass fishing big time!
    Do you mean bass tournament fishing?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    If true, I'm guessing since there was no live internet coverage, and their website was weak at best, no one saw it

9. Member
    When they use the word captivity it really gets to me. Makes it sound like any fish in the live well is the worst thing that could ever happen to it. I think release to the grease is worse.
    John the Garage Doorman

10. Banned
    I sure do hope you let them know that you don’t like it vs just biting your lip. But do remember, they have already said multiple times that YOU aren’t their target audience!

11. Member
    They do have a point about fish care. After watching the exciting BM event from Fla. with lots of fish hitting the carpet, I'll say again that the Ray Scott "No Net" rule should be changed to allow rubber coat nets.

12. Member
    If a fish touching the carpet is so catastrophic, instead of a 2 minute penalty, immediate disqualification should be implemented. Wake me up when they "VOTE" that into the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    They do have a point about fish care. After watching the exciting BM event from Fla. with lots of fish hitting the carpet, I'll say again that the Ray Scott "No Net" rule should be changed to allow rubber coat nets.
    I believe nets should be used too. Yeah MLF doesn`t want them hitting the carpet,but it`s OK to dangle a fish from a hook?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    I believe nets should be used too. Yeah MLF doesn`t want them hitting the carpet,but it`s OK to dangle a fish from a hook?

Thats where it’s going to go if this livewell thing ever takes hold. Who thinks sticking a hook into a fishes head with 100ft lb of torque is great for a fish???

15. Member
    If MLF actually cared about the fish as much as they project they do, they would make the anglers use a rubber landing net for all fish - maybe even have the boat official assist to avoid mishaps.

The carpet and other penalty rules force the anglers to flip or hand land fish...Which means every catch has drama potential, especially bigger fish. It's all about 'show'.

The only 'good' thing they do is immediate release, but they oversell that as well by going overboard on bashing the livewells.

Let me know when MLF/BPT actually does something real and tangible on the conservation front...Like habitat restoration and other related stuff that BASS does at local levels. MLF/BPT conservation stuff is just like a political campaign right now, all talk and no action...And much of the talk is sensationalized.

Go ahead, call me a 'hater' (I'm really not)...If anyone can disprove anything I've said I'll concede my point, but I doubt that will happen.
    -Logan

16. Banned
    That commercial will not effect anything. It's no big deal

17. Member
    Anybody have a link to that commercial? I have seen it and wanted to send it to a friend, but couldn't find it on their website.

18. Member
    Could be alot worse, they could show a bunch floating at the ramp after a weigh-in. As far as the captivity, what else would you call catching something putting it in a box and hauling it away? Yes the intention is live release but that is not always the case.

19. Member
    The commercial is not incorrect, there is no way anyone can even reasonably argue that the catch-weigh-release back into its natural habitat within 30-40 seconds total time frame from start to finish is not easier on the fish and will have a lower mortality rate than multiple handling's and being held for hours within a live well.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    The commercial is not incorrect, there is no way anyone can even reasonably argue that the catch-weigh-release back into its natural habitat within 30-40 seconds total time frame from start to finish is not easier on the fish and will have a lower mortality rate than multiple handling's and being held for hours within a live well.
    You are right, but why skip a step. I'm sure all scientist/biologist/experts would agree that the one thing better than hooking, landing, weighing, and releasing a fish, is to NEVER hook it to begin with. Wouldn't you agree with them?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast