Etec ( High Performance Water Pickup Kit)

I have a Etec 2014 259 HO - Model # HGLABB - Serial # 5401011. Was wondering what was the
    correct Water Pickup kit for my engine.
    I saw on a couple of dealers sites that they offered 4 different Water Pickup Kits and did not know which one was the best application for my engine.

* High Performance
    * High Flow
    *Ultra High Flow
    *Ultra High Flow Plus

Any help is appreciated.

It depends on your boat, hull design, type of boating you do, and the top speed. Give us more details but it may be to your advantage to sea trial the boat and new motor first before making any changes.

The original pickup screen works well in most applications and the optional ones are for aerated or disturbed water flow coming off the transom and are only needed if the stock screen is inadequate for the conditions.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. Member
    I have a Stratos 201 (2008 year). Bass Fishing is the main objective.74-76 Top Speed.
    I am not sure which model water pickup I have now. I just wanted to ensure it was the correct one for my application.Recently upon fishing some grass lakes I noticed after idling I was accumulating a lot of grass /weeds in the low water intakes and I had to clean them out several times, therefore that is the reason behind the question.