Porpoise ing. Tr196 new 4 stroke

Posted this on triton boat site. Replaced 200hp Opti with200hp pro xs v8 2B596234. Motor is set same bolt hole no.3 I have51/2” cmc Manuel jackplate 25p tempest plus. I get good hole shot top end 63 at 5300 rpm.But porpoise ing bad at 2500-3500 rpm full tourment load 2 people full tank. Info I got was lower 3” prop to pad,different size prop.maybe a foil.thought I would run it buy here for any other info before goin to dealer in morning to have second talon put on and make any Changes to correct problem

Get it propped correctly first. Prob going to need a 23p, but could be different depending on what model prop
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    I think most of your problem is prop. See if you can borrow 23 pitch Bravo or Trophy Plus and try it. Make sure all holes in prop are fully plugged.

4. Member
    Might as well get the talon installed first.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Might as well get the talon installed first.
    Didnt see that you were getting another installed. Do that, then prop correctly, I doubt you will be able to turn anything bigger than a 23p with 2 talons. A CB designs (Chris Bailey, he is on here) foil could help too
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I agree- you're going to need to drop to a 23P (and will very likely end up raising the engine).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I had a a 24 fury and mine was doing the same thing droped to a 23 fury and raised to 2 1/4 pad to prop runs 69 mph at 5900 rpms on a 20ft nitro

8. Member
    Maybe they should get you a 20" engine instead of a 25". This would fix all your issues!!!!!!

Discussion here
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=963142
    Last edited by moetorola; 02-26-2019 at 09:23 AM.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Maybe they should get you a 20" engine instead of a 25". This would fix all your issues!!!!!!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=963142
    THANK YOU for tying in the reference. I guess that means that "you will very likely end up raising the engine" was a big understatement!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    THANK YOU for tying in the reference. I guess that means that "you will very likely end up raising the engine" was a big understatement!