Thread: Pellet Smokers

Pellet Smokers

Does anyone use a MAK Pellet smoker who can give me a review? If not a MAK, what brand do you use of pellet smoker?
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

2. Member
    I've never heard of them but I want to follow this thread. I'm in the market and about ready to pull the trigger on one and have narrowed it down to the Rectec Trailblazer or the Grilla Silverbak. Both are less than half the price of the MAK and the SilverBak is considerably larger. Best of luck with your decision. Researching and trying to decide which one to buy has been a journey of several months. If you have Facebook, check to see if they have a MAK owners page. You will get some good info there.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Member
    I've had a Grilla Silverbac for almost 2 years and love it. I also have the chance to cook on a Rec Tec all the time, and while its ok it DOES NOT hold temp like the Grilla. I also have to keep pushing the pellets down in the Rec Tec hopper.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

That Grilla Grill does look nice. I was looking at the RecTec, but if I can save a couple hundred dollars... Those of you with the RecTecs how often do you guys find yourselves using the wifi to mess with your grill? It sounds like a great idea, but not sure how important it would be.

5. Banned
    My RT340 will hold whatever temp I set it at + or - a degree until I shut it off. It will also go well above 500° in 30° weather. Never had a pellet issue running out but probably because I check my food after couple hours. And then I just lift hopper lid and push the pellets so the weight is above the hole. And yes I use my wifi every time.

6. Member
    I like my Pitboss , No problems 400,00 at Walmart use their pellets too