Renegade 20/Johnson 225 HO Prop Question?

I own a 2001 Javelin Renegade 20 with a Johnson 225 HO with a 4 blade Renegade 13 1/2 x 23 prop, 6in manual jackplate that I have never adjusted since I have had it. Had it for a few years and boat runs great and has treated me well. It is always running with a tournament load in it with myself and partner and I also have 2 Talons on the back as well. My hole shot has never been the best and my top end speed has never really been good with a full load right around 55mph, I also max out at around 5600-5700 rpm's. By myself and with half tank of gas I am able to run about 59-60 mph. Obviously there is a fair bit of weight in the boat but I would like to at least like to improve my hole shot. Many people I have talked to are not fans of the prop I am running and I have been told to look at a 27p renegade also. I would like to continue with a 4 blade prop but I am open to hear others suggestions and opinions to what I could try and adjust to improve performance of my boat.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    You need to check the health of your engine.....previous friend with the same boat and engine 2000 year model would sling a 27 gade to 5800 all day with tournament load with he and I with good hole shot...JMHO Right now I don't see you spinning a 27.