Ultrex plastic shaft sleeve???

I was at a basspro this weekend and happen to see a new nitro with an ultrex on it. It has some sort of plastic sleeve that snapped onto the trolling motor shaft to house the external transducer wiring. So you would use this instead of zip ties up the shaft. I have tried to google it, but can’t seem to find anything about it. Anyone know who makes it or know what it is called? Guy at basspro didn’t know.
    2018 Ranger 521C
    2018 Mercury 250 ProXS V8

2. Member
    I got one. You get them from your Nitro Dealer only. They are not commercially available. I had to talk nicely to them and they sold me one but they were very reluctant to do so. Mine was for a MG Tour but just specify what motor you have. From another post: pro's choice marine. order them for me today for my minnkota fortrex upper cover part# 146441 lower cover part#133092. you will have to cut the lower one
    Last edited by STRETCH1; 02-12-2019 at 08:31 AM.

3. Member
    Any Pictures?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

When I visited the Nitro plant 3 or 4 months ago, I saw an assembly worker putting these on a Ultrex. I was able to approach him and ask if this was a standard item installed on the motors now. His response was kind of strange as he said, it just depends??? I left it at that, but I believe it may depend on whether or not electronics are installed on the bow with an additional transducer or not. All I know, is my boat did not have electronics installed prior to delivery, so I did not get the sleeves...
    Last edited by KCLOST; 03-13-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

It is interesting how they created a loop for the transducer cable to not be pinched by the U-channel.. I have a SI transducer on my ultrex and I am seeing it get pinched some when ran down the channel of the shaft. Should I rethink that?
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    It is interesting how they created a loop for the transducer cable to not be pinched by the U-channel.. I have a SI transducer on my ultrex and I am seeing it get pinched some when ran down the channel of the shaft. Should I rethink that?
    I split a golf club tube and have my transducer cable in the shaft groove with the tube holding it in place. Plastic zip tie on each end.
    The tube is thin enough that you don't have to split it for the mount yoke.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    When I first installed my ultrex I thought that was what the channel was for! Until I went to stow it and saw it getting pinched... My wire now runs in the top between the uprights. This tube would solve that if it would fit in the U but judging by the picture it doesn't fix that.

I split a golf club tube and have my transducer cable in the shaft groove with the tube holding it in place. Plastic zip tie on each end.
    The tube is thin enough that you don't have to split it for the mount yoke.
    Pictures???
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Just FYI those have very sharp edges.

10. Member
    Looks like a file could help with that. Bob

I threw mine away.

Pictures???
    With some heat and elbow grease a golf tube will slide over the shaft to protect the wires inside the groove.
    It's a personnel thing ---IMO zip ties everywhere look like chit !!troll 11 (2).jpg