Butt seat adjustable pole screw in (threaded)

My FX20 is a 2010. I don’t even fish that much and my boat is garage kept. I’ve had to replace both of these twice now and they’re expensive. They are swivel eze is there a better alternative because these suck. They fail the exact same way every time. They stop working and then when I tip them over water runs out it’s like the seals are going bad in them

2. Member
    I bought a Springfield pole with a mechanical latch. I had the same issue with the hydraulic poles!

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I hate them! I have replaced many over the years and many I know have as well. Always the same failure. Best advice, turn them upside down after every trip and leave them like that till the next trip. Or just give it up. Once I gave up a butt seat, I feel better at the end of the day.

4. Im wishin I was fishin
    They make one that adjusts with a pin instead of a hyd. cylinder

5. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I found the height I liked and cut a piece of PVC pipe then split it on one side and duct taped it so it stayed lasted for four years before it fubared.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

6. Member
    The hydraulic seat on my back deck failed. Two radiator hose clamps and it's good as new, just a little harder to adjust.