Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    What areas in delta farms would there be similar places to the L canal?

2. Member
    I have not familiarizeded myself with that area as of yet butt I’ll ask around & see what I can find on that end

3. Member
    3XXXdivorced this is a nice secluded place for you & da wife to trawl around in the marsh. Glad I could help you buddy. 809E014E-60AA-43F6-B8D9-7D6A61B86293.jpeg

4. Member
    I searched My Space Book about This Delta Farms & it seems the water clarity hasn’t been the best. I will make a trip that way when the marsh bite drops off. I may find something for ya

5. Member
    I'm still curious about what was said on Facebook about the tournament. Why fish a tournament in bayou black, u know there will be someone breaking the rules. And then don't protest it? Makes no sense.

6. Member
    Thanks, tracker. I forgot about Valentine’s Day so I’ll have to pull one out the rear to salvage my marriage and our fishing trip on Saturday. Any last minute valentines recommendations?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xsdivorced View Post
    Thanks, tracker. I forgot about Valentine’s Day so I’ll have to pull one out the rear to salvage my marriage and our fishing trip on Saturday. Any last minute valentines recommendations?
    Go Deep & work the worm!!

8. Member
    In my mind anyone that needs "clarification" on an area like the L canal probably should not be fishing tournaments. Thats the problem down there, everyone sees things differently. Its a shame to have this dust up with a Media tournament. Those folks work hard and do a great job with the tournaments. I've been saying since the 80's, for a tournament to be held in Bayou Black there needs to be a map handed to everyone with all off limits areas shaded out. That is the only way to have everyone on the same page with the ability to fish the same waters.

9. Member
    All you have is people stirring up shit after a tournament. If you don't have balls enough to protest during the available time after the tournament, don't go on facebook stirring up shit. And don't get on facebook saying i heard from someone that heard from someone that somebody might have been fishing in an illegal area.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    All you have is people stirring up shit after a tournament. If you don't have balls enough to protest during the available time after the tournament, don't go on facebook stirring up shit. And don't get on facebook saying i heard from someone that heard from someone that somebody might have been fishing in an illegal area.
    You may be right. But anyone that thinks all tournament boats in Bayou Black follow the letter of the law is in LaLa land. Some do it knowing its not right, Most just have different views on what is legal and what is not. I understand the reluctance not to protest when there is a wide gray area. I've seen more than once the person that protest or questions an angler comes out much worse than the person that was protested. Nobody wants to get into that shit storm.

11. Member
    Good discussion boys. Great points. A protest at an event should be taken seriously and be looked into accordingly. That may require several days of information gathering till a final decision is made
    2016 Skeeter Sx210 Bay
    200 Yamaha

12. Member
    I protested a guy culling fish in the slip before weigh in once. He was very angry at the time
    2016 Skeeter Sx210 Bay
    200 Yamaha

13. Member
    Mr Barry is totally correct everyone was sitting on their hands after weigh in when she called for any protest it’s all over with now time to move onto the next event

14. Member
    I dont see why its that hard to map out whats legal or not. We had no issues with our club fishing illegal spots. you get maps out and highlight what can and can't be fished. Its really not that hard. If you know enough to get around the area then you know where you can or can't fish. If its in question you call tournament directors. People just make it harder than it should be.

15. Member
    Valid point bayou
    2016 Skeeter Sx210 Bay
    200 Yamaha

16. Member
    Thanks, Track, but I think you’re more perv than me. I’d like to share some stories with you one day.

17. Member
    I don’t tournament fish, so I don’t have a dog in the hunt, but anybody that fishes the Bayou Black area is pretty much on “private land/water”. I don’t have a map in front of me right now, but I’ve studied the map before and just know that there’s not much “public land/water” in the area.

I fished this past Sunday near the infamous canals and I saw plenty boats that were probably in this tournament.
    Does everybody that I saw get DQ’d?

18. Member
    No one was DQ ed 35 because there has to be a protest filed 15min prior to scales closing. I thought we bee through this already but theres a progression that must be followed
    2016 Skeeter Sx210 Bay
    200 Yamaha

19. Member
    cajunbro should step in this thread and explain to you how it works crapduster. He is the rules expert when it comes to the marsh

20. Member
    Cajunbro is busy repainting his lower unit
    2016 Skeeter Sx210 Bay
    200 Yamaha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast