Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Going to tour the Plant!

Going to tour the plant tomorrow morning! I ordered a 721 November 1 and this is my boat's completion week. I will be able to see the boat in it's build stage which should be really cool. 2.5 hour ride and I can't wait

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    Went on a plant tour last week. It’s definitely worth it.

3. Member
    About how long does the tour last?

Wow is all I can say. They build one hell of a boat! I was the only one touring today so it took a little over an hour but Jeff said it can take up to 2. I imagine that would be with a bigger group. I got to put my hands on my boat. They had just put electronics in and hung the motor. Here is a customer service story for you. I ordered the console HDS Live 12 flush mounted. When I saw the boat it was mounted on the duel console shroud. Jeff said the Live was slightly bigger than the Carbon and would not fit the flush shroud. I explained to him I am too short and can't see over the unit when mounted on the duel...have driven a buddies boat with it and had to lean over and drive looking down the side...LOL. Jeff called the foreman over and asked if the new prototype shroud had come in and it had this morning but they had no idea if it would work. Long story short, they took one out, lined it up, cut it out and mounted the HDS in it. Then told me my boat would be the first one with the new prototype shroud in it. He said my boat would be finished by Thursday afternoon.
    If you have the time, it is worth taking the tour.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    Wow is all I can say. They build one hell of a boat! I was the only one touring today so it took a little over an hour but Jeff said it can take up to 2. I imagine that would be with a bigger group. I got to put my hands on my boat. They had just put electronics in and hung the motor. Here is a customer service story for you. I ordered the console HDS Live 12 flush mounted. When I saw the boat it was mounted on the duel console shroud. Jeff said the Live was slightly bigger than the Carbon and would not fit the flush shroud. I explained to him I am too short and can't see over the unit when mounted on the duel...have driven a buddies boat with it and had to lean over and drive looking down the side...LOL. Jeff called the foreman over and asked if the new prototype shroud had come in and it had this morning but they had no idea if it would work. Long story short, they took one out, lined it up, cut it out and mounted the HDS in it. Then told me my boat would be the first one with the new prototype shroud in it. He said my boat would be finished by Thursday afternoon.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

6. Member
    Thats awesome!!
    I am hoping you saw mine too, its completion date is week of the 18th!

I'm sure I did. It would have been started yesterday. Saw 3 in the paint booths which is the first step
    Quote Originally Posted by tinmar View Post
    Thats awesome!!
    I am hoping you saw mine too, its completion date is week of the 18th!

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Any pics?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Can u just stop in and get a tour or do you need to call ahead of time? I may be by that way next Monday. Wonder if there open on Presidents’ Day?

10. Member
    Two of my good buddies and I have a tour scheduled for Monday morning after the classic. I'm excited.

Give them a call first since Jeff, head of sales, is the guy who does the tours and he has meetings and such to work around.

The tour is well worth it and you all will really enjoy it.

I don't have any pictures...sorry....I was caught up in everything I was seeing and just did not occur to me at the time

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok just tell us you were only worried about your boat instead of pics for others......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Do they have any apparel or accessories such as decals available to purchase when you visit?
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

14. Member
    I had a tour two weeks ago with Tim. I cannot thank him enough for everything he does for the Phoenix Boat family. Tim is a very valuable asset to Phoenix Boats, and his tour was as fantastic as his customer service via phone or email is. Definitely one incredible facility, and viewing the start to finish process on boats currently in production, the materials used etc. was fantastic! I was able to see several models in multiple stages of assembly. I did not take pictures either, I'm not so sure you would be allowed. Every section had multiple employees working, and I just would not have felt comfortable unless I was taking direct pictures of only my boat. Bottom line, if your in the area I highly recommend a tour. It helped me know a lot more about my 920, and what's under the skin.

15. Member
    Did they have any accessories/clothing for sale?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    I am ordering my boat tomorrow with a hds 12 flush mounted and I am also short lol, so what shroud do I need to tell my dealer I want? Do you know what they call the new shroud besides new prototype? My dealer told me since i was flush mounting I had to either go with the smaller gauges or the dual shroud which moved the gauges lower and I was really unsure of which one to go with, buy you have me interested in this new shroud.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post
    I had a friend who just did the tour a few weeks ago and No they do not have accessories/clothing there to purchase these come from MO.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

18. Member
    Prototype. aka recall....
    2015 189 trx

19. Member
    Pretty sure it was a prototype because the HDS Live is larger than the HDS Carbon but good guess on recall

20. Member
    I had plans to ask and purchase, but I was so wrapped up in the tour I completely forgot until I was back on the road. I'll ask Tim and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Billydonwon View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast