Lake Marian in Kenansville

Has anyone been to Lake Marian lately? I was wondering how the water level is. Heard it is pretty low. Love the lake this time of year.
    Brad Krone

I just left there Feb. 8. Lake level is maybe a foot down from last year but still a lot of guys catching crappie.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

3. Member
    It fishes tough but there are some giants to be caught. I stay there for a month or two every year. Normally, I fish other lakes near by. However, an 11 was caught a few weeks ago and a guy crappie fishing stuck an 8 last week. Don’t expect lots of fish.

4. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistacuffs View Post
    It fishes tough but there are some giants to be caught. I stay there for a month or two every year. Normally, I fish other lakes near by. However, an 11 was caught a few weeks ago and a guy crappie fishing stuck an 8 last week. Don’t expect lots of fish.
    What other lakes do you fish in the area other than Kenansville?

Lake Jackson, Lake Marian, Lake Kissimmee, Lake Cypress.... All are a short drive from Kenansville
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    What other lakes do you fish in the area other than Kenansville?
    Derek, when I’m staying in kenansville, I fish all the lakes Florida jig posted plus kenansville, stick marsh and Garcia. Hiwever, I’m at okeechobee for the next month and it’s fishing lights out the last few days. Just crazy numbers and big fish the last two days. Down here, I fish okeechobee, Osborne, and the Everglades.

7. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistacuffs View Post
    Derek, when I’m staying in kenansville, I fish all the lakes Florida jig posted plus kenansville, stick marsh and Garcia. Hiwever, I’m at okeechobee for the next month and it’s fishing lights out the last few days. Just crazy numbers and big fish the last two days. Down here, I fish okeechobee, Osborne, and the Everglades.
    My son wants to make the drive to okeechobee while we are on FL but I know little to nothing about the lake so not sure if it's worth just going for a day, I know most of the lakes you mentioned around Kenansville

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    My son wants to make the drive to okeechobee while we are on FL but I know little to nothing about the lake so not sure if it's worth just going for a day, I know most of the lakes you mentioned around Kenansville

If possible, It’s best to decide which lake to fish a few days before coming down. Okee is cracking right now, but may fall to pieces quickly. It’s a huge lake that’s fishing incredibly small right now. If you give me a ring a few days out, I can give you a better report of what’s happening on what lake.