Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old family recipe..."Hamburger Mushroom Noodle Crap" as the kids called it. When the kids were kids, we were both working and money was always tight and we were always hauling them around to various activities so HMNC became a staple. Fair warning, this is junk food at it's worst.

Nothing about this recipe is exact so use this as a inspiration more than anything else...Brown a pound or two of hamburger with and onion (if you have one), salt & pepper to taste...maybe some Worcestershire sauce or whatever, mix in a can or two of Campbell's mushroom soup (I told you it was crap)...before you started browning the meat you should have started boiling a pan of water to boil a package of egg noodles so go back in time and do that and then put the cooked noodles into the hamburger mushroom soup gruel mixture and stir it up. Sounds awful but add in a green veggie on the side and it's a filling meal for a family on the go. My kids still groan at the suggestion of having it for dinner nowadays.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    I would tend to agree with danbass...but considering the source that the suggestion came from...I am keeping an open mind...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Old family recipe..."Hamburger Mushroom Noodle Crap" as the kids called it. When the kids were kids, we were both working and money was always tight and we were always hauling them around to various activities so HMNC became a staple. Fair warning, this is junk food at it's worst.

Nothing about this recipe is exact so use this as a inspiration more than anything else...Brown a pound or two of hamburger with and onion (if you have one), salt & pepper to taste...maybe some Worcestershire sauce or whatever, mix in a can or two of Campbell's mushroom soup (I told you it was crap)...before you started browning the meat you should have started boiling a pan of water to boil a package of egg noodles so go back in time and do that and then put the cooked noodles into the hamburger mushroom soup gruel mixture and stir it up. Sounds awful but add in a green veggie on the side and it's a filling meal for a family on the go. My kids still groan at the suggestion of having it for dinner nowadays.
    I've done something like that many times. Noodles or rice. Quick, easy, good.

4. Member
    2 lbs of ground beef seasoned to your taste...Press beef into a oven safe baking dish that will hold 12 slider buns-Cook at 350 for 20 minutes....Remove beef and grease and put (we use Kings Hawaiian slider buns) bottoms back in the dish---Put Hamburger meat on top of the slider bottoms----then sliced cheese of choice and slices of cooked bacon.......put the top of the slider buns on top and brush down with melted butter then sesame seeds on top. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.....There you go--makes 12 quick bacon-cheeseburger sliders..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12