Wiring/Power/Data/Livescope

Hello, here is my current set up followed by what is going on the boat. GPSMAP 1042 on the console, GPSMAP 1242 at the bow which has PS22 Panoptix. The 1042 and 1242 are connected with the network cable. I am adding a 1022 to the bow to run Livescope along with the HD box. I believe I have it drawn out correctly: The 1042 and 1242 are already linked, link the HD box to the 1042, link the 1242 and 1022 and then the livescope box to the 1022. This should link them all together. I am not worried about by shoot through hull transducer or the transducer on transom since those are only used for navigation and searching at times.

Power: The 1042 is wired in under my console on a fuse protected bank that can be turned off/on at the console. I feel that setting up these new additions including the 1242 on their own bank and then connect it to the main power source with a switch would be the best. Use 12a wire and leave all the inline fuses in place, connect to the box with correct fuse sizes and then draw that power from the battery. Or since i have room on one of the factory installed circuit panels, would it hurt or be to much of a draw putting them all on that circuit panel as long as I have the correct fuse in place?

Questions now: When running a new box for power, could I tap into the main power switch or would that be on its own since its wired to another box already? I don't want any extra interference or should I just run straight to the battery and install a 2nd power switch to the new set up? I also wonder if it matters since they are all linked together by the network cable?

Is it even worth putting the PS22 back on with the Livescope and the new HD transducer?

I will be changing out my 27 cranking battery to a 31 and feel that going to an AGM is best to help support all this. I am even contemplating adding a 5th battery but that is a lot of extra weight. Any suggestions on that topic are welcome as well.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some good tips and advice come my way.
    Last edited by jhayford13; 02-11-2019 at 11:29 AM.

2. Banned
    I would use the 1242 for livescope.