Another high water year!

Monroe is way up and Patoka is well on its way with no end in sight......looks like its gonna be an asphalt pattern this year for sure!

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Well...it probably can't make Patoka any worse. And, in my opinion, it may well make Monroe better for certain! I mentioned in another post on this forum, that I love fishing Monroe in the spring when its high. Those flooded grassy points with scrubby bushes on the them seem to be really good in that situation.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Well...it probably can't make Patoka any worse. And, in my opinion, it may well make Monroe better for certain! I mentioned in another post on this forum, that I love fishing Monroe in the spring when its high. Those flooded grassy points with scrubby bushes on the them seem to be really good in that situation.
    Im the same way with Patoka Bill, there are some rocky structures that are way out of the water most of the time but during high water years I make it a point to find them!

I love fishing in the woods on Monroe, way up in the woods but if it stays high it will kill all the awesome grass beds we finally have so I hope they can start dropping it soon.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I love fishing in the woods on Monroe, way up in the woods but if it stays high it will kill all the awesome grass beds we finally have so I hope they can start dropping it soon.
    Bingo.....gonna be a while though. Two months minimum before its back down to 538.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Yes, indeed I would rather have the grass all year than high water for a few months.

7. Member
    Kill the grass again and it’s gonna make monroe just like Patoka again.
    And kinda hard to have tourney when there is no parking anywhere. High water sucks. No matter what you say, it sucks.

August before 538 is seen again. My prediction for now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    5 months???

^^Seen it before. If the rain continues like it has this winter and spring and the mighty whitey stays high in Bedford then they shut Salt creek down. They won't open Monroe up until the white river stabilizes. I've seen 542'-543' in August several times on years like this.

I live between the white river and one of the major tribs to it (Guthrie ck.) I track the river levels due to my wifes route to work. I have a chart that tells which roads are blocked at certain levels and she has to detour. It has been out more this fall and winter than any year I can remember. The winter of 12 was similar to this, if the summer turns off like it did then, a drought, then Monroe might get down in pool. Time will tell, for now I'll just have to deal with my wifes griping about detouring to Bedford to get to Orleans.

11. Member
    ^^Seen it before. If the rain continues like it has this winter and spring and the mighty whitey stays high in Bedford then they shut Salt creek down. They won't open Monroe up until the white river stabilizes. I've seen 542'-543' in August several times on years like this.

I live between the white river and one of the major tribs to it (Guthrie ck.) I track the river levels due to my wifes route to work. I have a chart that tells which roads are blocked at certain levels and she has to detour. It has been out more this fall and winter than any year I can remember. The winter of 12 was similar to this, if the summer turns off like it did then, a drought, then Monroe might get down in pool. Time will tell, for now I'll just have to deal with my wifes griping about detouring to Bedford to get to Orleans.
    That does stink for her....and you!

I'm still sticking with this prediction!!

13. Member
    I found some really good deep green grass though so all is not lost.

I'm still sticking with this prediction!!
    Nice call a few months ago, got any suggestions for lottery numbers?

15. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I found some really good deep green grass though so all is not lost.
    I found some of that grass too. Unfortunately, it now has 4 more feet of water over it and may not survive much longer.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS