920 deck compartments aren't keeping water out very well.

I just cleaned carpet on front deck of my 2016 920, and after rinsing with water hose, I found water inside some of the boxes. I thought the channels around the edge, under the cover would keep water out. I wonder now how much water will get in when it rains.

2. Member
    Never had a drop of water in my compartments, and I've been in some torrential Texas down pours. What boxes did you have water?
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

3. Member
    Only 2 places I get water are the passenger rod box and the drivers side rod box if the front is to high. I think one of the latches might leak a hair on the front center box sometimes but it's probably because I use the carwash power washer and it forces water thru the latch or under the lids. When it rains I only get water in the passenger rod box

4. Member
    A little in the big tackle storage box on the left side of it and the little trays on the step up part to left of ice chest, under passenger console. With my boat in my driveway, it was on a down slope, with a little lean towards the passenger side. That explains the leaks on passenger side, but with those channels, it shouldn't leak.

5. Member
    +1. I've fished tournaments with decent to heavy down pours, and after the tournament, bone dry.

Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    Never had a drop of water in my compartments, and I've been in some torrential Texas down pours. What boxes did you have water?

6. Member
    My front storage lid leaks so bad, I have to make sure that the lids are on my tupperware bins that hold my soft plastics. If not they will fill with water. It’s terrible

7. Member
    2017 no leaks at all
    TrackerUser

8. Member
    No leaks, just have to make sure the bow is up when it’s parked on the trailer so the channels drain water properly. Not a problem on the water.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

9. Member
    If it puddles around the lids when washing some water can seep up and over the lips getting into the boxes, especially if you are spraying water at the seam. As for the boxes on the steps I put weather stripping tape on the underside of the little trays to raise them, keeps water out of the tray and if you take time when installing the tape with no gaps you can keep a lot of the water out the area underneath them

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    When it rains I only get water in the passenger rod box
    Oh, don't store auto inflatable vest in the passenger rod box ………. ask me how I know

11. Member
    Thanks for the info. The weather stripping tape sounds like a good idea.

12. Member
    Remember this, when using a hose you're applying pressure. Rain water isn't the same.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    Remember this, when using a hose you're applying pressure. Rain water isn't the same.
    Hope this makes a difference!

14. Member
    only leak I have in my 920” is the passenger rod locker ! the way it’s angled “ water collects up front & leaks into the locker !