Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Soft plastic storage

I am done with trying things! I have done the ziplock bags, lingerie bags, bigger clear boxes in factory packs, took them all out and put them in clear thick ziplocks.Grrrr! I just ordered 20- 3601 boxes, I am going to install 3 more 4x8 pegboards to handle all the extras I don't use but might need.
    I am going to try that. Let's discuss the best way to do battle this monster!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

2. Member
    Put a bag of Senko’s in your pocket in your favorite color and go fishing.

3. Member
    I've tried it all too and keep going back to the 2 gallon zip lock bags. I'm stupid in the fact that I think I need 47 colors of each plastic ever made so the boxes don't hold near enough colors for me. I just think the zip lock thing is probably the easiest thing to do.

4. Member
    I must be crazy I don't have any problems. I keep them in binder from Berkley that works for me. I take what I need for the day so it's not over stuffed. The others I keep in original packaging or sometimes in a zip lock. I then store those is a box I have. Not really a big deal the again maybe I'm just more into fishing than thinking about how to store a plastic worm. Lol. No matter how I store them they catch fish when I use them.

What I have found is less is more when your fishing. You don't need to take every soft bait you own out in the boat with you each time.

5. Member
    I have a guide friend in Chickamauga that put me onto the best solution ever. You can buy 3 inch metal binder rings at office supply stores. Keep plastics in original packaging and separate kinds of plastics in different rings. Example, one ring has senkos, one ring has trailers, one ring has worms, etc. They work great and you can take what you will need for a trip and leave the others at home. I have screws on the wall in my garage and place the rings of plastics on for storage. I take what i will be using with me and leave the others hanging. For instance, my 12 inch ledge worms stay in garage until summer. Its really the best thing I have seen yet for organizing.

6. Member
    Bass Mafia Money Bags. I went back and forth with 3700's and felt that using ziploc bags were the best option.

For example, I always like to carry a few bags of tubes no matter where I go, but if I'm headed to a smallmouth lake I like to take a lot of tubes. I can add and subtract much easier by storing soft baits in their original bags and placing them in a heavy duty Money Bag.

With the 3700's or similar, you're married to whatever you've got in that box to bring that day. For some fisheries it's too many baits, and others it's not enough.

Plain and simple, it offers more flexibility.

I do miss the neat and clean look of 3600/3700, but the flexibility and mobility of the ziploc/Money Bag can't be matched.

Pegboard and ziplocs.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

I've plain run out of room. I solved it by putting more peg board in our bedroom. Needless to say that didn't last long. For some reason the wife didn't like it. No accounting for taste!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

9. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I saw someone on Bassmaster this weekend use a zip tie for all his Zoom ?? or ???. Just ziptied them thru the hole in plastic bag.

10. Banned
    I like organization, so I use 3700’s for everything.

11. Member
    I am really liking the flambeau 4510 Soft Bait Organizer

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Put a bag of Senko’s in your pocket in your favorite color and go fishing.
    I really need to take this advice. I carry plastics that will never see the water and then throw the wacky senko all day...

I've used every system there is...BPS zipper ring binder, 5 gal zip lock bags, EZ View clip system, chaos, and now I tossed all the individual bags and put everything (except Z-man elastec stuff which is kryptonite to regular plastic) in 3700 Plano boxes.

Optimized-IMG_0337.JPG
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Ziplock or Glad zip FREEZER 1 or 2 gallon bags. Leave the plastics in the factory bag. This past season I started taking only Senkos, Zoom lizards and Ned grubs.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

15. Member
    I have nothing but Plano 3600 & 3700 series for everything in my boat, I have a closet full of colors and types of lures and soft plastics in 3600 & 3700's that I swap out with in the boat depending on the time of year or where I might be going.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    I have a guide friend in Chickamauga that put me onto the best solution ever. You can buy 3 inch metal binder rings at office supply stores. Keep plastics in original packaging and separate kinds of plastics in different rings. Example, one ring has senkos, one ring has trailers, one ring has worms, etc. They work great and you can take what you will need for a trip and leave the others at home. I have screws on the wall in my garage and place the rings of plastics on for storage. I take what i will be using with me and leave the others hanging. For instance, my 12 inch ledge worms stay in garage until summer. Its really the best thing I have seen yet for organizing.
    would you take a picture of this and post it by chance? I would like to see it.

17. Member
    I've cut my plastics down to the following:
    In a 3700 deep single compartment:
    Craws - 3 colors, 1 size. Want a smaller one, I bite off part of it. Need a jig trailer, I bite down the craw.
    Fluke style baits - 3 colors, 1 size.
    Beavers - 2 sizes, 3 colors each.
    In a small shoebox size box:
    Chatterbait/swim jig trailers - 3 different trailers, 2 colors on each of them (not the same colors).
    Keitech swimbaits - 3-4 sizes, 2 colors
    In their own 3600 box that hang out in the rear compartments:
    Stick baits - 3-4 colors, 1 size. If I need it smaller, I cut it down.
    Drop shot baits. 2 styles, 3 colors each.

If I can't catch fish on those, either I'm on a hard bait bite, or I'm going home empty.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

18. Member
    If you use Plano boxes be real careful they don't warp or melt them. I threw out 4 3700' because the Berkeley worms and the plastic did not get a long. I ordered a few KVD worm bags and now store my plastics in original bags in those. Seems to work for me.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

19. Member
    I'll throw any type and color soft plastic as long as it is a green pumpkin Zoom Baby Brush Hog.

20. Member
    plano speed bags

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast