Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Z519 tm battery size

Getting a boat w no electronics and therefore no TM batteries. Looking for recommendations on what size group I can fit in my bilge/battery area. I’m having a hard time find a picture of a bilge for my boat.

I run two group 27’s for my ulterra right now. Thinking of moving to two group 31’s. Any issues with this in terms of size or weight?

Will install noco battery plates as well. Appreciate any tips.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You will have no issue placing two group 31 trolling batteries. Stern weight can always be a concern, but I run a 36 volt system in my 519 (three group 27s) without issue. I do not have poles or Talons, however, so that was my compromise to keep stern weight within reason.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I have a 36v 112 Ultrex and two power pole Blades.
    Pumps for PP are located behind charger.
    I am running (4) Group 31 ..... no issues with space.
    I can post a picture tonight after work if no one else does.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    there is room for 4 group 31 batteries in that boat. up to you if you want 36v or 24v trolling motor. Assuming you are getting the 4-stroke motor.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badMackrel View Post
    there is room for 4 group 31 batteries in that boat. up to you if you want 36v or 24v trolling motor. Assuming you are getting the 4-stroke motor.
    Yep motor will be 225 hp ProXS 4stroke. Will be staying w 24v trolling motor. Depending on weight difference I might stay with group 27s. I will take a look at this difference.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    With just two trolling batteries, my opinion is that the trade off in weight is worth it, going to group 31. Of course, battery models vary, but if you get optimum reserve capacity, 31s give you that extra boost in power that you might need in a full day of wind, current, or heavy vegetation. You would know best whether it’s likely you could ever run low on power with two 27s on that hull, but I had that setup from 2011-2013, and I did in fact encounter situations where two 27s was not enough for a full day.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    With just two trolling batteries, my opinion is that the trade off in weight is worth it, going to group 31. Of course, battery models vary, but if you get optimum reserve capacity, 31s give you that extra boost in power that you might need in a full day of wind, current, or heavy vegetation. You would know best whether it’s likely you could ever run low on power with two 27s on that hull, but I had that setup from 2011-2013, and I did in fact encounter situations where two 27s was not enough for a full day.
    great feedback. Thank you!

8. Mike Lamb
    I have two 27's for TM and about 9hrs is all I can get on them. They take a beating. I will upgrade mine to two 31's when I can. I am upgrading the starting battery from group 27 to 31 this week. To many times I have had to use the jump box to start the motor. For the life of me I can not understand boat dealers putting in group 27 battery for cranking 200 pro xs.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

9. Member
    I would like to see a picture, thanks.

10. Member
    Currently running 27’s in my 119 (36v) with no issues. If theynlast 3-4 seasons, I’ll stick with 27’s. If they don’t, I’ll move up to 31’s. With way, I have not figured out a way to get the battery into the rear compartment without tilting the battery on an angle

11. Member
    Go with the 31's.

12. Member
    I run two 29's on a 24v TM in my 188VS. Not sure what trays are coming with the boat but if they are for the 27 then you will have to replace the trays to a 29/31. My boat came with 27 trays.

I just went from 27's to 31 AGMs on a 24v system; thought I'd have to replace the battery trays but the batteries fit.......swapped out the 27 cranking battery with an 31 X2 from battery Plus with 1150 CCAs......haven't had it in the water yet....I have two 10' power poles so the weight of the 31's might make a difference...although don't think it would be nearly as much as if I had a 36v system...

14. Member
    They must but bigger trays in now idk. My 2007 188 had 27 size trays for trolling and starting batteries. IF you have to change trays I'd suggest the aluminum ones from BassCat, the mounting screws go on the inside so it has a smaller footprint. I did that on my starting battery but I changed my TM batteries from 27 to 29 in a pinch and had to run to the local BPS which is only 30 miles and get the standard plastic trays with the mounting holes on the outside corners.

https://www.basscatstore.com/aluminumtraywithstrap.aspx

15. Member
    Anyone else order a boat without a trolling motor and if so, did you get battery trays (even without the TM).

What are the standard size trays provided? Thanks everyone.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Anyone else order a boat without a trolling motor and if so, did you get battery trays (even without the TM).

What are the standard size trays provided? Thanks everyone.
    The trolling motor trays are installed at your dealer, Ranger does not put them in unless you order them from Ranger in your order.

17. Member
    Interested in using two of these for two group 31’s. Any feedback? Will they fit?

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-BT31S-Ba...7AENFZ2EX4QVWM
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 02-15-2019 at 07:52 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    Interested in using two of these for two group 31’s. Any feedback? Will they fit?

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-BT31S-Ba...7AENFZ2EX4QVWM
    thoughts anyone?

19. Member
    What are the battery trays you all use. Looking for something around $10 each and ones that will fit the Z519.

20. Member
    The NOCO you listed should be fine, I bought the BassCat tray for my starting battery knowing I would need a bigger tray but when I replaced my TM batteries from group 27 to 29 it didnt dawn on me that I'd need new trays. In a pinch I bought two plastic ones from BPS which is right up the road and they were identical to the ones that I pulled out just bigger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast