Guntersville guide?

I'm thinking of hiring a guide for Guntersville.

Any recommendations for someone who knows their stuff and is fun to fish with for a day?

2. Member
    John Maner- 256-227-3277

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhitley View Post
    John Maner- 256-227-3277
    Agree. http://www.johnmanerfishing.com/

4. Member
    Not sure who to tell you but I can give you a tip, don't fish with a guide that fishes tournaments. I have fished too many tournaments as a co-angular and my boater be a guide and hear them say they don't put their clients on good fish they to target 2-3lb fish. So find one that just loves to fish and you will be better off. If you are looking for tournament fish better find one that you know. If you are just wanting to go out and have fun and catch some fish then any guide there can do that for you.

5. Member
    John Maner is booked the week I’m going to be st big G. Any other guides you all would recommend
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

6. Member
    John Maner. Great fishing guide and just all round good honest dude. If he’s booked he can refer you to someone. I fished with Alex Davis before a couple of times. Good honest guy also.

7. Member

8. Member
    Mike carter will put u on fish

9. Member
    Tim Chandler, doesn't tourney fish and one of the only "Full Time" professional guides on the lake. There are many good guides but a lot of them tourney fish. The weird thing to me is that, on average, they don't do much better than the weekend guys. But they always post every day of the week with what great numbers and size they caught that day!! Go figure!

10. Member
    Thanks I booked Tim for my trip
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    Tim Chandler, doesn't tourney fish and one of the only "Full Time" professional guides on the lake. There are many good guides but a lot of them tourney fish. The weird thing to me is that, on average, they don't do much better than the weekend guys. But they always post every day of the week with what great numbers and size they caught that day!! Go figure!

I noticed that also!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    I just hung up with Tim, and booked a trip. Looking forward to it, and hoping the weather cooperates. I appreciate the tip.

13. Member
    Tim is a great guy, you will have a blast! And he’s on em a lot more than he’s not!!

14. Member
    Excellent choice, I have used him a couple times great guy all except he's a Tide fan.