Vessel View Mobile Install

Today, I installed Vessel View Mobile on my 2018 115 Pro XS serial no. 2B505492. I first installed it on the port side of the motor after watching a guy on YouTube install it in this same area. However, the Bluetooth disconnected everytime that I cranked the motor. I guess it was getting some freaky interference from the spark plug wires. It was about an inch or so from the wires. I ended up installing it on the front cover with no issues. See pictures..
    74680D19-3D77-46E6-B2C7-3EA5F01CA62A.jpeg3CC07684-2B44-4B57-AD21-2A773530BE48.jpeg

2. Banned
    I had mine installed there in the lower front under where the latch is. Worked flawlessly.

3. Member
    The front seems to be the place for it. Mercury should put out some better instructions on how to install. It took a while to figure out that the spark plug wires or something on the port side caused it to disconnect. I really like the Vessel View and the new price...

4. Member
    I just ordered one for my 150 4 stroke. I would think the layout would be similar. Did you zip tie it or screw it into place? I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos where folks do it differently. I need to get this installed quickly. The ice will be off the lake in just 3 short months. Thanks

5. Member
    I started out with only a screw in the top, but it seemed a little loose so I drilled two holes in the cover and zipped tied the bottom. I might take the screw out and zip the top too.

6. Member
    I see there are 2 plugs. Could a guy get them mixed up or is it pretty obvious? What’s the 2nd one for anyway? Thanks

7. Member
    You want have a problem with connecting. ��

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good job- closer you can get it to the front (with clean line of sight to your screen/device), the better.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Installed mine today. It worked in the garage. Not sure if I’m going to leave it where it’s at. The yellow plug that I took off of the motor did not fit the 2nd, un-used end of the module. I must have missed something, but it connected to my phone just fine with the info promised. Any clue why the yellow piece did not fit the purple end that is not a 10 pin connector. Hope that question made sense. Thanks

10. Member
    The yellow clip piece stays connected to the purple connector that you pulled out of the ten pen connector on your motor. Unplug the weather cap from the “unused” connector. Plug the piece with the the yellow clip into the connector to terminate the unused connector. I think this is correct. There are some YouTube videos on this, but don’t watch the Australian guy. His vessel view came with the yellow terminator already connected. There is a good YouTube with a guy from mercury doing the connections... hope this helps..

11. Member
    You were exactly right. Thanks. It’s interesting in watching the install videos that the motors vary a fair amount with layout inside. Where some of the guys secure the module wasn’t available in my 150 4 stroke. I snugged it up to bundle of wires ina sheath. Hope this doesn’t cause interference of some sort. I’ll find out in a couple months i guess.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also, be very careful with "tube" videos. There are even a few of them on very reputable channels that will get you into trouble.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor