Scraps

Is Any of This Worth Buying

Tackle shop with a lot of old stuff closing. I'm wondering mostly about the Excalibur stuff, maybe the Mann's. Can a profit be made on any of it?
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    How much do they want for them?

3. Scraps
    Around $4 each.
    2017 Phoenix 819

4. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Yes, i see several that i would jump on.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

5. Member
    Yeah, me too. Especially the Xcalibur and some of the excalibur stuff. You ought to see what they would take if you bought it all.

6. Scraps
    oh. Any of the excalibur in particular?? Some of the packs have bill dance on them. Tons of the cranks which I use and really like. A few of the shad rap type cranks.
    2017 Phoenix 819

7. Member
    The xcalibur xr 50 and xrk are hot sellers, look like a rattle trap, also xcalibur jerkbaits sell well. Xcalibut xz2 poppers sell quick as well. The make a xcalibur Jimmy also that is like a zara spook that has a following. Not sure about the xcalibur cranks, they work great but harder to flip.
    DG

8. Member
    If you intend on selling it at a fishing flea market you'll lose your ass at $4 a crankbait. Locally we sell for less than that plus if it's leftover it might not be the most popular stuff.

9. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    If you intend on selling it at a fishing flea market you'll lose your ass at $4 a crankbait. Locally we sell for less than that plus if it's leftover it might not be the most popular stuff.
    That would be pretty foolish, huh!? Buy at $4 apiece, sell at $4 apiece.
    2017 Phoenix 819

10. Member
    If I were a serious contender, I would would in at at around $1.00 per lure for all of them cash! For every one you get that may sell for $4 or more you will likely as many or more that won't sell for that. If you go the online auction route, there are selling and processing fees that will be incurred. If you can cherry pick, I would maybe go higher per bait, especially if it is something that you want to keep. Just my humble opinion.
    Thanks & Good Luck
    Tommy D.

11. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Dixon View Post
    If I were a serious contender, I would would in at at around $1.00 per lure for all of them cash! For every one you get that may sell for $4 or more you will likely as many or more that won't sell for that. If you go the online auction route, there are selling and processing fees that will be incurred. If you can cherry pick, I would maybe go higher per bait, especially if it is something that you want to keep. Just my humble opinion.
    Thanks & Good Luck
    Tommy D.
    I'm learning that the auction route is time consuming and doesn't necessarily lead to profitable results. I kinda like the outright sales. I don't think this shop owner is into making deals so I'd have to pick the good stuff and hope it sells at a decent price.
    2017 Phoenix 819

12. Member
    If there’s any Bomber flat a’s in the old packs they should have Bill Dance name on them or Jimmy Huston or both that’s what I would think would be the most valuable of the brands I see but I’m no expert

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    That would be pretty foolish, huh!? Buy at $4 apiece, sell at $4 apiece.
    I guess I'll have to use smaller words to explain it to you. At $4 a piece he will have to mark them up to 6 or 7 bucks to make a profit. He will have to pay the man, he will have to pay to set up at the flea market and he will not sell them all. In that case he will lose his ass.
    Sorry, market is a two syllable word but I can't help that.

14. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I guess I'll have to use smaller words to explain it to you. At $4 a piece he will have to mark them up to 6 or 7 bucks to make a profit. He will have to pay the man, he will have to pay to set up at the flea market and he will not sell them all. In that case he will lose his ass.
    Sorry, market is a two syllable word but I can't help that.
    udumass is a small word. Nobody said anything about a flea market.
    2017 Phoenix 819