Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
    Somebody please order the soft science shoes and post a review!! I keep reading about them but just not ordered any yet. It all sounds good on the website and adds!
    I have 2 pair of the Fin 2.0, great shoe if you're going to be standing on the deck of a boat fishing all day. Don't know how effective they'd be for Plantar issues however.

2. Member
    Somebody please order the soft science shoes and post a review!! I keep reading about them but just not ordered any yet. It all sounds good on the website and adds!
    I am on my second pair of soft science shoes and they are all I use now. They are not the best looking shoe but are very light and very comfortable. They can also go straight into the washing machine if needed I absolutely love mine.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I found some stretches for folks w/Plantar Fasciitis I looked for the thread but couldn't find it??

These 'may' help You:

Attachment 352109
    THIS!!!

I have had plantar fasciitis, and it sucks. The stretching, the icing, and the strengthening with a therapy band tied to a heavy couch, table, bed post.
    But ESPECIALLY the frozen bottle roll! And non-steroidal anti-inflammatory use round the clock.

Shoes with very soft soles and very little arch support are primary contributors to PF. Some of the shoes suggested here (perhaps the Hokas, depending on the model) might not be a wise choice. Until you get the tightness and inflammation under control, NO SHOE will "fix" this. Flat feet and PF require arch support...but this will only work once the inflammation goes down
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Another vote for soft science. I am 66 and love them for fishing .
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

5. Member
    I fight it all year long BROOKS BROOKS BROOKS !!!!!!!!!!!! Only shoe I ever had that helped. They do have a flip flop called The Healing Sole but I have no tried them.

6. Bobby8
    I bought 2 stadium seat cushions from Dicks for a couple ofbucks each. Seems to help a lot. Onlybad side is that when it is windy they will blow off the deck. I put them undermy left foot when running.

Fall/Spring - Asics GT 2000
    Winter/Raining - Merrell MOAB 2 Hiking Shoe Gore Tex
    Summer - Barefoot or Crocs
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    I tried on a pair of the soft science shoes, they felt pretty amazing. I didn't buy them because I wasn't sure how much use I would get out of them, but dang, I was surprised at how good they felt just walking around with them for a couple of minutes at an expo. Of course, wearing them for an entire day could give different results. Foam can be funny like that.

I wear ASICS Gel Kayano running shoes. Haven’t found anything more comfortable for standing or leaning while fishing all day.
    Pair them with a pair of thick anklet socks. I wear Bombas socks mostly because they’re thick and comfortable. And Wild Heethen has some good tips on treating PF. Don’t bother with prescribed inserts. There are better OTC inserts as you stated. I hate PF.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    Got them and you cant even tell they are on your feet. Look like a 90 year old man but wear great.

11. Member
    I have plantar fasciitis as well as a heel spur. So far the Hoka brand has been the best for me. Takes a little getting used to them at first, but now I love them.
    If you have a store nearby that does the step assessment go there and let them recommend which would be the best for you.
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS

12. Member
    Yup, my wife has it as well. Although she's long since stopped doing the exercises, stretch bands and such. She keeps the big seat at the back and sits most of the day. That said, our daughter got her the Soft Science shoes for Christmas so we'll see.

I know that I'd probably like a pair as well. My problem though is while she's flat footed, I have REALLY high arches, but wide. Also have some sort of benign tumor (that I can't remember the name of) around the nerves running to 3rd & 4th toes on the left foot. I can't EVER go barefooted because stepping on it lights my arse up like I've stepped on a cut extension cord!

Only running shoes that give me the support I like are the expensive Asics Gel stuff, the Cumulus, Nimbus, Kayano. OR... I really like the Mizuno shoes, but for some unknown reason Dicks Sporting Goods stopped carrying them! Probably because the only ones they have now in wide are the Wave 14. I can say though that their stuff is darned good. Even my podiatrist likes them! Every time I go in there with some on he comments on what a nice shoe it is. Then he takes it off, pulls the sock off, then whips out a syringe the size of my finger and starts injecting into my foot! Think I'm going to order a pair of the Soft Science ones though. Really like what they offer.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

13. Member
    Love my Brooks beast 18, I have wore out four pair with out one ache foot.

14. Member
    As mentioned the New Balance are very good and also comfortable and light weight, a win win situation.

15. Member
    For me; it's not just the shoes I wear everyday. Around the house; as soon as I get up in the morning; my feet slip into a pair of Birkenstock sandals to wear.

16. Member
    Salomon does the trick for me now except if I wear my Keen H2’s. The Salomon Quest 4d 3 GTX is the most comfortable hiker I’ve ever worn.
    Last edited by No hot foot; 02-12-2019 at 04:29 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    For me; it's not just the shoes I wear everyday. Around the house; as soon as I get up in the morning; my feet slip into a pair of Birkenstock sandals to wear.
    Oh, look, it's a post about a shoe that provides support instead of which one offers the most pillow-like experience. This guy knows what he's talking about.

One CANNOT be without arch support if you want to recover from plantar fasciitis.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

18. Member
    Stay away from Crocs. They will kill your knees and lower back. Get a really good pair of tennis shoes like Brooks and get some custom insoles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123