Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Izorline™ lasts and lasts...
    Yep! Izorline Platinum is all I have used for nearly 20 years.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Have used EXCEL from BPS for years. Never let me down.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well I did go get a spool of 12lb Big Game and put it on 3 rods. Jerkbait, lipless crank, and squarebill. I (somehow) had a rather huge soft shell turtle, around 15 pounds get my rattletrap! At first my heart/adrenaline went crazy then I felt a flipper hit the line.

I was VERY surprised that I got him in, held him boat side, and got 4 out of the 6 Gamakatsu long shank EWGs out of his mouth, flipper and shell without that line breaking. Those trebles were all but straight but the line held up great!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    For me, the best mono is Seaguar Senshi. 20lb is the same diameter as most 10-12 lb line, and its very limp and still abrasion resistant. Best co-poly, and no others even come close, is Gamma. Don't be afraid of Gamma's poor name for their co-poly (Polyflex). It's flat out awesome.
    .................. Today is ALWAYS the best day to go fishin!

5. Member
    sunline super natural...BUT...I only use the green color. I have tried the clear and it is not the same in my opinion. It is the only brand MONO I use...I can upsize due to diameter size.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

The original and still best, Stren, interesting what people use today as I bet most everyone when we started fishing probably used Trilene XL or Stren.

Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    sunline super natural...BUT...I only use the green color. I have tried the clear and it is not the same in my opinion. It is the only brand MONO I use...I can upsize due to diameter size.
    This is interesting. I am also going back to mono on most of my rods and decided that Super Natural is the line of choice. However, I always use clear. What difference are you noticing between the two colors?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    I really like suffix siege. And big game
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    This is interesting. I am also going back to mono on most of my rods and decided that Super Natural is the line of choice. However, I always use clear. What difference are you noticing between the two colors?
    Yeah I love the blue! Never failed me. Or the clear

10. Member
    I use Maxima and absolutely love it. However, I only use it for leaders. I don’t use straight mono on anything. The thought of straight mono scares me lol

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Sunline Super Natural is all I use after years of using Trilene XL and XT. Compare the line diameters on TW between XL and Super Natural. I was able to go up two line sizes with Super Natural and still have basically the same diameter line.
    You realize that this doesn't actually mean that it is stronger, right? It may be or it may not be...its just the way that 2 different companies label their line...Its a "lb. test", or it will break at AT LEAST this number vs. a class rating, which is the attempt to label very close to true breaking strength. Using this example, I have used both 17lb. Suffix and 25 lb Supernatural on some spinnerbait and buzzbait set up...They are both .016" but there is not discernable strength difference in the 17 vs 25 lb. label rating..

I'm not trying to be a d*ck...Just wanted to put it out there for others reading this that only read the label rating on a box of line and not the diameter...

That said, I think Sunline Defier is the best mono ever made....but its basically fluorocarbon priced, or close, so I won't stop there..Sufix and Supernatural, the 2 I mentioned above, are favorites...but some mono has particular qualities that make them really good for a particular presentation but maybe not others...XL and supernatural are pretty limp and good for things like jerbaiting or XL on a spinning rod...XT or P-Line CXX is tough and nasty and good for cover....I wouldn't consider putting either on a spinning rod, ever...
    Steve

12. Member
    Yes you right about makes mad at times but good line

13. Scraps
    I'm about to try the Sufix Advanced which I've seen good reviews on, but it's a bit thicker to others, .001in, compared to others in the same test. I really like the Sunline Super Natural for my cranking. Can be found for $5 on sale per spool. To avoid any issue with whether the smaller diameter affecting breaking strength I just use the pound test line I would use with any other brand. That's usually at least one size up.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

14. Banned
    XL or big game. For the price you can change it a few times/ season without caring.

15. Member
    Big Game for mono.

16. Member
    Big game.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    I have found that the clear breaks more often. I always believed the clear was manufactured differently cause the green has ALWAYS surpassed my fishing ability. Quite a few times I have been humbled by its greatness.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    I have found that the clear breaks more often. I always believed the clear was manufactured differently cause the green has ALWAYS surpassed my fishing ability. Quite a few times I have been humbled by its greatness.
    My goodness, that’s quite a recommendation!
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

19. Member
    Trilene XT for casting reels and Trilene XL for spinning reels.

McCoy's or one of the Pradco lines for me. But they are copolymer and not monofilament, FYI.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast