Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I used Optimas. They were fine. I changed to the Sam's Duracell AGM. I like them better.

ONE REASON I CHANGED .... I understand that Optima moved their plant to Mexico. The Duracell are made in USA and I like the specs better. There is a very helpful guy here that goes by Catfan name. I read a lot of his suggestions and saw logic to what he said to others so I moved away from the Optimas. Go ask him about them.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

all 3 are optima 31's......all purpose

The blue tops would be ok for trolling motors....but I need at least 950 CCA for cranking my Pro XS.....

4. Member
    I have a optima blue top for my cranking battery. It will be 4 years old in May and I will be replacing it this spring not by choice. i will not be replacing it with another optima. I think there are alot better batteries out there for cranking applications. I think they would be great for the TM but will stick with wet cells for TM. I get about 4 to 5 hours and will be down bellow 12v.

5. Member
    Look at the reserve capacity on Optimas. None of them are very good. I would not want them in my boat. I know some people are happy with them, but there are much better options out there if you want to run lots of equipment or stand on your trolling motor. I want 200 RC at the least per battery.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    I used Optimas. They were fine. I changed to the Sam's Duracell AGM. I like them better.

ONE REASON I CHANGED .... I understand that Optima moved their plant to Mexico. The Duracell are made in USA and I like the specs better. There is a very helpful guy here that goes by Catfan name. I read a lot of his suggestions and saw logic to what he said to others so I moved away from the Optimas. Go ask him about them.
    Good point.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post

I had Optima's and switched to the Sam's Duracell AGM 31's too and like them better. Don't know about the brand new ones but mine say Made In USA which is very important to me.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12