Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

scrambled eggs ?

So I know this sounds stupid but I have a hard time making scrambled eggs. I like to think of myself as a descent cook but for whatever reason eggs give me heck. I make them and they always seem to come out almost grainy.

How do you get those perfect light / fluffy eggs that you get out at a restaurant ?

2. Scraps
    Geez, hmmm, get the pan warm.. Crack the eggs in a bowl, whip them up a little, not completely, just before pouring in the pan. NO MILK!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Geez, hmmm, get the pan warm.. Crack the eggs in a bowl, whip them up a little, not completely, just before pouring in the pan. NO MILK!
    I do just the opposite whip the chit out of them to introduce air and add milk. Fluffy and light..
    2015 189 trx

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    I do just the opposite whip the chit out of them to introduce air and add milk. Fluffy and light..
    This......less the milk.

5. Member
    this
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

6. Banned
    I just tell the wife I want some scrambled eggs...voila

7. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Eggs with a splash of half & half. Wisk to get air in mix and cook on medium heat. Once mine start to form up I keep stirring and turning the eggs until done.

Whip them eggs up pretty good and add a little milk, whip some more. Fry at a medium heat until they are cooked to your liking.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I use just a few drops of water for every egg. Whip 'em up and into the skillet.

Some of the best scrambled eggs I ever ate were made by a lady who used a little backing powder to make them fluffy.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Heat cast iron skillet to medium. Cook bacon. Remove bacon. Remove portion of bacon grease. Add eggs (with/without milk, water, barely whisked or whisked the hell out of...doesn’t matter) Keep stirring/turning eggs until they are at your desired consisentency. Eat with bacon.

12. Member
    Eggs in a bowl--Whip them really good---Melt butter in the pan---Whip the eggs again right before you add to the pan..Salt and pepper to taste....I know you know how to scramble but right before you think they are done take off the heat......They will and always will continue to cook..

13. Member
    i got one of them hand held turbo mixers i use that to whip them up salt and pepper every now and then add a little milk,and get the skillet hot and rub it down with butter then add the eggs.

Whip them however you want, just don't overcook them. I like my scrambled eggs a little soft, cooked but almost runny.
    Milk makes them tough.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

15. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Whip them with milk and then don't stir them in the skillet until they are almost done. Most people start stirring as soon as they see signs of cooking and that ruins them.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

16. Member
    Same for me but I use heavy cream. I also do not cook until "done". At that point they will be overcooked as they continue cooking for a couple of minutes after coming out of the skillet.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

I don't think there's one right or wrong way to do it. I'll sometimes start out making over easy eggs and if I break the yoke, I'll just stir them up in the skillet and make scrambled....works just as good. Like I said earlier; don't over cook them and don't cook eggs with too high of heat, it makes them contract and be tough.

I have a dedicated egg skillet, similar to what the short order cook has at the diner, that is perfect for fried eggs or scrambled. Nothing but eggs is ever cooked in it and it's NEVER washed with soap, only wiped out with a towel. No need to scrub it, nothing ever sticks to it.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I watched Gordon Ramsey cook some on his show one time and he used a small pot instead of a skillet. He put some fancy cream in his but can't remember the name of it. He did put his on the stove and then took it off for a few minutes and then back on it was a very different way scrambled eggs.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    I watched Gordon Ramsey cook some on his show one time and he used a small pot instead of a skillet. He put some fancy cream in his but can't remember the name of it. He did put his on the stove and then took it off for a few minutes and then back on it was a very different way scrambled eggs.
    Creme Fraiche. Similar to sour cream but not quiet as tangy
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

20. Member
    Add water then wisk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast