Thread: Crap!!!

Crap!!!

I have a Pro Hi-Jacket JP and have been trying to remover the bolts to install a power pole. They are froze so I have been hitting it with BP Blaster and working them a bit back and forth with a 2' bar. Well, I broke one off and have no idea how I'm going to get it out. The nut on the inside of this JP is basically a bar thats pat of the JP
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

2. Member
    Have you tried an ez out? Or maybe a drill bit with the drill in reverse?

Not yet, I think I'll need to heat it up real good while trying that. I run mostly brackish water so I guess that can be expected as those bolts haven't been turned in ten years or so.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    You could also use a drill bit the same size as the bolt and put a threaded insert in it. I was a helicopter mechanic in the Marine Corps for 20 years and I retired in 2009 and got a job doing the same thing so I know a little about broken bolts.

I've not have much luck drilling into SS bolts, any tips?

6. Member
    Carbide drill

7. Member
    No cheap bits. Start small work up slowly. Lots of lube. I would work a couple of regular bits through first then heat and try a lefty. Matco makes a really nice easy out kit that can take some abuse.

https://www.matcotools.com/catalog/p...EXTRACTOR-SET/
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

Update on my situation. I contacted TH Marine in regards to the broken bolt in my Pro Hi-Jacker JP and they put me in touch with the guy over at CMC Jack Plates. I asked if those bars on the inside that the bolts screw into is replaceable and he confirmed they were. So, I'll remove/break the other bolt and then just replace the bar inside for new bolts to anchor to.
    Just wanted to relay this in case others have the same problem.

P.S. the bars are $6.95 each.