Lund pro v bass security

Hey all,

I'm curious if anyone's installed a loc-r-bar system on a pro v bass at all and did it work? If not, are there other security systems you are using to secure the rod locker and other two main compartments?

Thanks

2. Member
    Curious to see some ideas. I couldn’t figure out how to install one on mine as the track is in the way. At hotels I lock my compartments and put the cover on. I have a driveway sensor that I put under the cover so that if it detects motion an alarm in my room goes off. Cost 30 dollars. Hasn’t been tested yet and I hope it doesn’t since the next layer of defense involves a shootout lol.

3. Member
    That's what I figured with the track that it wouldn't work. It's a shame as I like the concept.

4. U.S. Navy, Retired
    Lund, Tracker, Brocraft, etc. should design something using the track system as part of the security system. Maybe a metal shop could build something.

5. Member
    I use my track for a locker bar that I made so it can be done with some work. I used aluminum angle 1/4 inch thick and cut to around 2 1/2 long and used 4 stainless security screws that mount through the track and angle into some sliding T nuts that fit in my track. It is strong enough to keep the lazy thief away. I will try and find some pictures tonight.

6. Member
    couple of pictures if both upload
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    That looks awesome.

8. Member
    The aluminum channel is 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick and cut at a slight angle. The screws are a mix of 1/4 stainless security and allen head with nylock washers on the back of the channel. The lock r bar could be used instead of the channel. This set up is on a rt178 and it all started because I wanted some rod holders and added the track then added the bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    The aluminum channel is 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick and cut at a slight angle. The screws are a mix of 1/4 stainless security and allen head with nylock washers on the back of the channel. The lock r bar could be used instead of the channel. This set up is on a rt178 and it all started because I wanted some rod holders and added the track then added the bar.
    Very nice clean and professional looking installation.