Duckett power ratings ?

Thinking about trying Duckett's new "Black Ice". I'd like to get the 7'6" for pitching 3/8-1/2oz jigs. Do I want the Hvy or would the MH be ok since they don't rate their rods by weight.

I would also like to pair it with maybe a Steez. I like the Curado 71 size I just picked up so I'm wondering if the Steez would be overkill for a jig rod? If not,would you recommend the A or the SV ?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have the mid level Ducketts in 7’1 and 7’3, both MH/Fast. I would go heavy for anything over 3/8ths. I’m not a fan of the ones I have; I use the shorter one for chatterbaits and the longer one for Texas rigged worms. They’re light, but I really can’t feel much with them. I have Tatula 100 Type Rs on mine and they fit the rod well.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    Thanks. I wonder how the 7'6" rods will handle 1/2oz in MH? Also curious as to how the Black Ice will compare to a GLX at that price point.

4. Member
    I have a couple Dean Rojas Terex MH rods, I bought dirt cheap and I still paid too much. I don't know how he stays in the rod business.
    1/2 oz works well on the MH. Just don't like the rods. gave one to my son and he likes it. Different strokes for different folks.

5. Member
    I fished Micro Magics for a couple years. They are very light but i broke a bunch in the 2 years i used them. Warranty was as advertised but they werent the greatest rods. In my hands they fish a 1/2 power light to their ratings. Anything 1/2 or above id go with a heavy.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    Go with the heavy. Ducketts are good rods