Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trolling motor cable jacket

Any recommendations on a cable jacket for Fortrex cables? Current factory cover has seen better days. Thanks!

2. Member

3. Member
    Thats what I’m after. Link says not available...must be sold out or something

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here you go....less than half the price....

https://www.amazon.com/Postta-Manage...e+Sleeve+60%22
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    That there is worth a try nice find thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post

I use Dura-Wrap for all kinds of protective wrapping. Comes in dozens of diameters, precut, or order long and cut to length with scissors, and use heatgun or lighter to finish the ends. I use it to wrap my electronics cables, and keep planning to rider some for rigging wrap on my out board. The stuff will not fade, tear, or come loose. It’s designed for heavy or extreme outdoor use unlike many cable wraps which are strictly for indoor cable management. Many on Amazon won’t last in harsh outdoor environments.
    https://www.wirecare.com/category/br...edirected=true
    Order 1.5” for TM cable wrap.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I use Dura-Wrap for all kinds of protective wrapping. Comes in dozens of diameters, precut, or order long and cut to length with scissors, and use heatgun or lighter to finish the ends. I use it to wrap my electronics cables, and keep planning to rider some for rigging wrap on my out board. The stuff will not fade, tear, or come loose. It’s designed for heavy or extreme outdoor use unlike many cable wraps which are strictly for indoor cable management. Many on Amazon won’t last in harsh outdoor environments.

This looks like a great option too. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post

They have several products that work great on boats.

Bought a brand new Ultrex Ipilot link and the cable cover cracked taking it out of the box. I decided to install it anyway after seeing this thread about the Dura Wrap. The cable cover seemed to be brittle in just the one spot that cracked but I decided to remove the majority of the cover and replace it with two 3’ 1.5” diameter pieces of dura wrap. I left about 7”or 8” of the old jacket at the head and about 1” at the pedal. The flexibility of the cables/wires is 10x better at least. I used a butter knife to place between the wires and The old sheathing before cutting lengthwise and removed approximately 5”to 6” at a time.
    thank you to all who contributed to this thread and I look forward to learning from this board as a new member. I’ll be looking on Humminbird/Ipilot link info in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    Thats what I’m after. Link says not available...must be sold out or something
    Working now...allowed me to put one in the cart

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

11. Member

This......I bought one , been using it for 6mo. Looks great,good quality and cant beat the price

Quote Originally Posted by Apex400 View Post
    This......I bought one , been using it for 6mo. Looks great,good quality and cant beat the price
    X2
    2018 zx 190
    150 v-max sho

13. Member
    I bought the THMarine Troll Jacket. It works great, but had faded severely in the 6 months I’ve had it. Boat stays covered when not being used. The fading is due to fishing time. If the boat was left out in the driveway, uncovered, I’d give it a month. Ha. It is now black and grey with white writing. It is a good idea though...it keeps the cable jacket, link cable, and transducer cable well organized.

Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    I bought the THMarine Troll Jacket. It works great, but had faded severely in the 6 months I’ve had it. Boat stays covered when not being used. The fading is due to fishing time. If the boat was left out in the driveway, uncovered, I’d give it a month. Ha. It is now black and grey with white writing. It is a good idea though...it keeps the cable jacket, link cable, and transducer cable well organized.
    I’m getting one of those myself .

15. Member
    If you can't get them from T&H, we also stock them
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    Great, I just bought one.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member

Bought the same one but in ebay, 12’er. Gave the other half to my buddy for his troller. Can’t believe people pay what they do for the TH marine one.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

18. Member
    The Postta sleeve works great!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Great, I just bought one.
    It'll turn purple, then grey. It does a good job keeping the cords contained, but it'll lose it's color quickly.

20. Banned
    If You want 'options' They have aplenty

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-cable-sleeving

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast