Fuel/oil/paddle harness

2017 Merc Pro XS 225 2-stroke
    2017 Ranger Z519

i installed the harness along with digital trim... everything is working perfectly except the fuel.. when I ran the harness to the gas tank there was a connector that I cut and tied back the pink wire, then connected the the wire from the harness .. I’m assuming that the black wire from the tank is a ground so I didn’t run a separate ground to the battery. Either way I’m not getting a reading on fuel level in VVL... what I did notice though was that I’m getting a reading on fuel level in Engine “info” on my Lowrance Gen 3. This leads me to believe that the connections are right and It’s something I’m not doing in settings of VVL..
    I calibrated the fuel the same way I calibrated the oil in VVL.. what am I missing?

2. Member
    Black wire in the F/O/P harness kit connects to the negative on the fuel sending unit and negative on the battery.

All original pink wires on the sending unit get disconnected and stay disconnected.

The new Pink wire on the F/O/P harness kit is the only pink wire connected to the sending unit.

3. Member
    The only thing I didn’t do was run a ground to battery.. I assumed that the original black wire was grounded.. I will run straight to battery a check the results. Thanks

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You are wired correctly. Pull your manual for the Vessel View and go through the tank setup (using the Default Calibration Method).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor