Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Looks like a Jackhammer clone down to the eyes. If they work as well should be a winner!

I wonder how Strike King gets away with direct blade attachments? Must be either licensing with Z-Man or getting around it on a technicality. I do think Z-Man’s patent is specific about blade attachment directly to the eye of the hook. Maybe burying a figure 8 link or otherwise adding a separate attachment point that isn’t the hook eye takes care of it. Seems like everyone would be making them like that if it were that easy though...I’ve not come across a split ring attached blade that works as well as the direct attached type.

looks like the cricket has a split ring between the blade and head to me......

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrt View Post
    looks like the cricket has a split ring between the blade and head to me......
    Unless I'm missing something, there looks to be no split ring

Definitely no split ring

2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

A patent is only as good as the money that backs it. Z-man probably trumps the smaller or similar companies, but I’m sure they don’t come close to the money Strike King can dish out. It is entirely possible they came to an agreement on a royalty that benefits SK while Z-man gets something at least.

Just my thoughts, could be entirely wrong however.

Steve

5. Member
    Z man also makes the strike king z too Jerkbait so maybe they got together on the bladed jig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12