Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strike King Thunder Cricket New Bladed Jig

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Stri...ge-SKTCVJ.html

I just ran across them and haven't herd anything about them. What yall think?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I haven’t seen those before but the Bruiser, Falcon Lake Craw and White would find their way into my bladed jig box! They look nice to me and at least on par with all of the others I have.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Looks like a Jackhammer clone down to the eyes. If they work as well should be a winner!

I wonder how Strike King gets away with direct blade attachments? Must be either licensing with Z-Man or getting around it on a technicality. I do think Z-Man’s patent is specific about blade attachment directly to the eye of the hook. Maybe burying a figure 8 link or otherwise adding a separate attachment point that isn’t the hook eye takes care of it. Seems like everyone would be making them like that if it were that easy though...I’ve not come across a split ring attached blade that works as well as the direct attached type.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Looks like a Jackhammer clone down to the eyes. If they work as well should be a winner!

I wonder how Strike King gets away with direct blade attachments? Must be either licensing with Z-Man or getting around it on a technicality. I do think Z-Man’s patent is specific about blade attachment directly to the eye of the hook. Maybe burying a figure 8 link or otherwise adding a separate attachment point that isn’t the hook eye takes care of it. Seems like everyone would be making them like that if it were that easy though...I’ve not come across a split ring attached blade that works as well as the direct attached type.
    I thought exactly the same thing. I doubt that Z Man is licensing any other manufacturer, though.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    I had one on back order for a couple months with BPS, got tired of waiting and got a Zman Pro...Finally glad to see these are coming out.

6. Member
    From what I heard that was part of the hold up was Zman was trying to say it was too similar.....I also believe the blade shape on the cricket is different, Zman patten might be direct with a certain blade shape. Cricket has rounded and a little bend in the end where those jackhammers are the classic sharp angle coffin shaped blade. From what I gathered that is how SK is getting around the Zman legal watchdogs.

I've been under the impression Z-Man has separate patents - one for the coffin shaped blade, and one for the way the blade is attached - but that's just based on what I've read on message boards and from Z-Man themselves. The latter of course would have every incentive to scare people away from pushing the envelope.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

I've been under the impression Z-Man has separate patents - one for the coffin shaped blade, and one for the way the blade is attached - but that's just based on what I've read on message boards and from Z-Man themselves. The latter of course would have every incentive to scare people away from pushing the envelope.
    I've heard exactly the same thing...two separate patents. But, there may well a SK attorney who found loopholes in those patents.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    I’m sure if a big name like sk puts money on the table things canhappen
    Nitro z21

10. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    $11.00? No thanks, I'll stick with my home made @ $3.00 in parts and the enjoyment of assembly and catching fish on something I made.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    $11.00? No thanks, I'll stick with my home made @ $3.00 in parts and the enjoyment of assembly and catching fish on something I made.
    Gee thanks for the comment. There's one in every crowd

The SK bait looks good. Looking forward to trying it out.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

12. Member
    Looks interesting forward to hear reviews, hope its able to stay down in water colum which seems to be a problem for several bladed jigs. Always in market for another

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    Here we go again....its the jackhammer 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Here we go again....its the jackhammer 2.0
    You knew that once the Jackhammer sold for an OUTRAGEOUS price, it was only a matter of before another company priced their baits similarly.

I’ve bought a few Jackhammers and been really pleased with them. I’ve not paid full price, but paid a lot just the same. The problem is I’ve not found a bladed jig that I can buy that’s as good as they are. I agree that they’re overpriced, but it is what it is. I don’t fish them when I’m out for fun, they only get tied on during a tourney. Well actually that’s a bit of a lie, I’ve tied them to the cleat on my boat and let them dangle while I was idling around to wear the paint off from the blade hitting the head on a few occasions. That’s something Jeff Hahn mentioned doing (well, he’s mentioned breaking his in on his trips to Canada, I don’t think he said he tied them off on his boat)) to get his bladed jigs to be more erratic and not surprisingly it works here too.

Unless some of you guys making the ones that work as well want to start selling them, I and a whole lot of other people are sort of stuck. I keep trying other ones, might be completely in my mind, but I’ve not come across one that’s as good as the Jackhammer yet. Short of investing in making my own and all the trial and error that comes with it, I’m stuck! Hopefully this thing works as well and saves people a few bucks! If not, I suppose I hope my purchases of swim jigs that used to be “illegal” bladed jigs on TW does the trick once I add a blade!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

16. Banned
    This just gets better and better. I’ll keep slaying them on my Chatterbait Elites and let you guys analyze this to death

I’ve bought a few Jackhammers and been really pleased with them. I’ve not paid full price, but paid a lot just the same. The problem is I’ve not found a bladed jig that I can buy that’s as good as they are. I agree that they’re overpriced, but it is what it is. I don’t fish them when I’m out for fun, they only get tied on during a tourney. Well actually that’s a bit of a lie, I’ve tied them to the cleat on my boat and let them dangle while I was idling around to wear the paint off from the blade hitting the head on a few occasions. That’s something Jeff Hahn mentioned doing (well, he’s mentioned breaking his in on his trips to Canada, I don’t think he said he tied them off on his boat)) to get his bladed jigs to be more erratic and not surprisingly it works here too.

Unless some of you guys making the ones that work as well want to start selling them, I and a whole lot of other people are sort of stuck. I keep trying other ones, might be completely in my mind, but I’ve not come across one that’s as good as the Jackhammer yet. Short of investing in making my own and all the trial and error that comes with it, I’m stuck! Hopefully this thing works as well and saves people a few bucks! If not, I suppose I hope my purchases of swim jigs that used to be “illegal” bladed jigs on TW does the trick once I add a blade!
    No, I don't tie them off to the boat! But, in my experience, they are more erratic once the blade has gouged a groove in the head.

18. Member
    _2_3_16.jpgrobin_blade_3-8oz_main01_2_7.jpgDera Break file_193_1_1.jpgSo these Zman/Evergreen who makes them? Zman here in the states or it says ZMan cuz they lent that patton? Why is it so much more here... Zman Tariffs lol The JDM Jack Hammer is only 9 bucks if you gonna pay shipping but that is covered in the saving after you buy more than one.......You guys ever get the other JDM stuff like the Jackall Break Blade, Dera Break or Megabass Robin Blade?
    Last edited by MCS; 02-14-2019 at 09:50 AM. Reason: add pics

19. Member
    Drew I got the exact opposite problem. I can crush them on the old d&m, but cannot get bit on the jackhammer. Totally different action between the two that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Drew I got the exact opposite problem. I can crush them on the old d&m, but cannot get bit on the jackhammer. Totally different action between the two that's for sure.
    Wish it was that way for me! I do have some homemade ones that come close, but haven't found them to be as good. Maybe (probably) entirely in my head, but we all know how confidence works.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast